All reviews new england yogurt made to order eggs bed and breakfast greenwich avenue mini reunion gracious hosts rooms are lovely maintained property home town within walking distance cozy room baked goods lovely home hot breakfast each morning couple of nights
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've been staying at the Stanton House for 12 years. I seek it out because of its friendly, warm environment and its extremely comfortable rooms. You feel like a houseguest at a particularly posh Greenwich house.

Beds are huge, lighting is good. The breakfast isn't so great (except at weekends when they serve a hot breakfast).

Ample parking is free. This is the kind of place where the staff know you once you've stayed there a few times. Well worth trying out.

Room Tip: The nicest rooms are in the oldest part of the house, though you can get rooms with direct outdoor access if you're willing to give up a bit of charm.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lucada777
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights in July, 2011. The Stanton House is across the street from our son, daughter-in-law,and grandaughter, at whose house we are normally welcome (really), but this occasion was a BIG birthday party, and we had no complaints about our stay here. Anyone visiting Greenwich or NYC would likely love this house and the hospitality of the hosts. The room where breakfast is served is especially fine. I wanted to sit outside to eat, but, alas, Greenwich has the same flying insects as the rest of eastern N.A., so I would have had to dine alone. On any future group family events in Greenwich, we would gladly volunteer to walk across the street. By the way, the house across the way isn't shabby, either. I'm told that Mark Twain's daughter once resided there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim K
Colin P, Owner at Stanton House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Jim, I know it's been quite a bit of time since your visit, but I just wanted to let you know that we appreciate your writing us a recommendation. It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we could make the birthday festivities just a little more special. Next time you visit your family, we'd love for you to stay with us again!

Colin P, Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I needed a night away. We don't have a car and
needed to go somewhere relatively close to home which is Manhattan.
I searched the internet and finally found the Stanton House Inn. One
thing we wanted was quiet since we are apartment dwellers. We got
it by choosing Room 32 which is tucked away in a corner of the house.
The owners aimed to please. Continental breakfast nicer than most
and included hard boiled eggs, fruit, cold cereal. Cookies always on
hand as well as coffee and tea. Lovely sitting rooms. One night stay
was just the getaway we both needed! Highly recommend if you'd
like a quiet place with charm. Metro North stops at Greenwich.

Room Tip: Room 32 for quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank retiredjac
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Very quiet and super comfortable. Extremely clean. Price per night was very reasonable for the area. The breakfast was all cold items, fruit, bread, cereal and yogurt. Some hot items would have been nice but all in all we really liked staying there.
Would stay there again if I visit that area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I'm grateful to have found this place - I used it for business travel during the week, but it would have been just as good a choice for any purpose. My room was very large, and very nicely furnished, and in period style, making for a very relaxing atmosphere.

This place is so far superior to your usual hotel experience! Personal greetings, relaxed atmosphere, spacious rooms, very comfortable bed, and a wonderful breakfast. Walking distance to Greenwich shopping and only a bit further to the harbor.

I'd recommend this place to anyone, whether they were looking for a B&B or a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business