Stanton House Inn
The J House Greenwich(Greenwich)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$215
US$207
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Doral Arrowwood(Rye Brook)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$77
US$226
Hilton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsnew englandyogurtmade to order eggsgreenwich avenuebed and breakfastmini reunionweekend breakfastgracious hostsrooms are lovelycozy roombaked goodslovely homelate arrivalhome grownwalking distancefrittatahot breakfast
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Miles more cozy than a hotel, The Stanton House makes me feel like I'm home. I sleep well, and I am central to all the fine shops and restos on Greenwich Avenue. Tea in the garden after work is also a treat. Check it out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit, and would highly recommend staying here! We had planned a weekend getaway to visit museums in New Haven CT and Brooklyn NY. The Stanton House was ideally situated as a ‘home base’ for us, about halfway between each museum, making it the perfect location for our mini vacation. Although we initially chose the location to accommodate our trip, the Inn became one of the highlights of the weekend for us. The room was spacious and immaculate and offered nice features such as an in room mini fridge and working (gas) fireplace. On our initial evening, we ended up arriving much later the planned. We called ahead, and were assured there would be someone there to meet us. Upon arrival, we met Colin who was a wonderful host who offered tips and insight into both the local area as well as the cities we were visiting. In the morning, waking up and starting the fireplace to take the chill off was a wonderful romantic touch we weren't really expecting. Breakfast was pleasant and met our needs completely. When you’re offered their organic eggs for breakfast, they are as local and fresh as you can get! The eggs are from their small brood of chickens they have on a small homestead behind the inn. It also turns out that Colin is a beekeeper, and was happy to share his knowledge on top bar hives. Prior to our departure, we strolled the lovely gardens, and had a long visit with Colin and his mother Doreen on topic ranging from gardens, museums, and the usefulness of Tripadvisor reviews (they read them all, and are very keen on customer feedback) I would highly recommend the Stanton House Inn. We may go back to Greenwich just to stay here again!!

Room Tip: Rm 28 offers in room fridge and working fireplace with wonderfully restored glass tiles for an elegant touch!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

i stayed one night at the stanton house inn; my visit was march 2014. its a charming inn. i stayed in room 25 and it was spacious and just what i expected from the photos. the bed was comfortable and the room was truly relaxing. i enjoyed the inn experience, being different from a hotel. the inn was welcoming, and low key with the sense that you were part of the family. i arrived in the late afternoon and was greeted in a kind and warm way, just like you'd expect from family. while i was unwinding in my room before dinner, the staff knocked and brought in fresh warm cookies and tea! hotels dont do that. breakfast was enjoyable with some pastries, coffee, juices, and cereal. i really wished that i had more time to spend at the inn.

greenwich sort of reminded me of santa barbara with boutique shops and a tiffanys. its definitely upscale, but not intimidating. since i was there in march, there really wasnt much happening in the 'downtown' when i visited for dinner around 7pm. maybe in the summer it becomes more active?

when i visit various cities around the u.s. and europe, i enjoy staying in different hotels. but in greenwich, im going to always stay at the stanton house inn!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I travel frequently to Fairfield County, CT on business, and my lodging of choice for several years has been the Stanton House Inn in Greenwich. I have always found innkeepers Tog and Doreen Pearson to be extremely welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. We have really become friends over the years I've been staying there

The inn is a lovely private home transformed into a very comfortable inn that really feels like a home. The bedrooms are tastefully decorated, roomy yet cozy, comfortable and immaculate.

The Pearsons will make your stay as pleasant as possible, and they think of everything - tea and coffee are available all day long; breakfasts (included in your room price) are delicious and now include homegrown eggs; and they give you great tips for local dining and things to do. There is a swimming pool which is a relaxing and refreshing luxury on hot summer days.

I've never been disappointed when I've stayed at the Stanton Inn, and I can't recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: The rooms with fireplaces are a treat. I prefer to stay in the rooms on the south side of the house or in the back, as they are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend in October for a Fall getaway. We absolutely loved our room and the location of the Stanton House Inn. Just a few blocks away, you will find very nice restaurants and great shopping. The Inn itself was extremely comfortable, cozy, and clean. My favorite part was the delicious breakfast consisting of made to order eggs, coffee, juice, muffins, sausage, and scones. The grounds are beautiful as well. Do not hesitate to stay at such a charming Inn in the beautiful town of Greenwich, Connecticut.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple