“Historic inn”

Ranked #1 of 1 Greenwich B&B and Inns
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Historic inn”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A wonderful historic inn close to downtown Greenwich. I had a wonderful morning walk into the village. We spent one night at the Stanton House Inn. Room was immaculate, and the attention to detail was impressive. The owners and staff are very pleasant and friendly. The room was large and tastefully decorated in period style. Colin was very helpful upon check in and offered information about the surrounding area. There is a modest breakfast provided (croissant, boiled egg, cold cereal, fresh fruit, bread, one pound cake, yogurt) which is a bit less than I have had at other bed and breakfasts--I would have given it a 5 otherwise. Air conditioner in room was a bit loud when it cycled on, but that is what would be expected in a historic home. All in all, a delightful experience

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was traveling with my children (ages 6, 12 and 14) throughout New England and the Northeast and we spent one night at the Stanton House Inn. I wish we could have spent more time as everything about the Inn was great. The room was large and very comfortable, the pool was much appreciated as the weather was hot and muggy and the owner and her family was very helpful with restaurant suggestion in Greenwich.

I generally do not stay in B&B's as they tend to have an "old lady" feel. The Stanton House Inn had a small luxury hotel feel. The common rooms were beautiful as was the property. I hope to return in the winter as it must be a magical place in the snow.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23 which had two queen size beds and a little bonus area. Also, there is a deck...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Stanton House Inn. The house itself is larger than most b&bs we have visited. Every room was immaculate, and the attention to detail was impressive. The gardens and pool are beautiful. Our room was a nice size with a modern bathroom and was very clean. The breakfast was not as fancy as at other b&bs we have visited, but there was a nice variety from which to choose. An "experimental" batch of scones ended up being the best scones we ever had! Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Many thanks to Colin, who sent us home with the gift of three plants from their garden to plant in ours!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Visalia, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A wonderful historic inn close to downtown Greenwich with very reasonable rates. I visited from California and stayed for two nights in June 2014 while visiting the nearby Milbrook area of Greenwich where I was born.
The owners and staff are very pleasant and friendly. The room was large and tastefully decorated in period style. The bathroom was modern with a good shower with high enough showerhead for a six-footer. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with a wide array of choices on the serving table and hot entree included cooked to order for each person. The large and confortably furnished downstairs areas have current newpapers and are a pleasant place to sit and relax. There is plenty of off-street parking.
I highly recommend the Stanton Inn when staying in Greenwich, Connecticut.

Room Tip: I had a large two bed room on the second floor at the back with a nice outside balcony with chairs t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Stanton exceeded our expectations, centrally located, gracious hosts, perfect place. I would recommend it to everyone who plans to visit Greenwich. The grounds were gorgeous and breakfast was yummy. Great pie crust.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jcowper
Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'd stay there again. They were nice, especially in that they accommodated several special requests. I liked the chickens they keep on the premises. It depends on what you're looking for. I believe there's no gym, for instance. I liked being central in Greenwich. It's pricier than what I'm used to, one could certainly get by with cheaper, I usually do, but I went with it this time, and I'm satisfied.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've been coming to Greenwich for the Concours for years now and have stayed at many different hotels. The location is about as close as it gets to downtown and is minutes away from the Merit and Rt-95 without being noisy. The room was beautiful and very comfortable at a reasonable price. The pool was refreshing after a long day walking downtown. We will be coming back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
The J House Greenwich
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Stanton House Inn? Share your experiences!