All reviewsnew englandyogurtmade to order eggsbed and breakfastgreenwich avenuemini reuniongracious hostsrooms are lovelymaintained propertyhome townwithin walking distancecozy roombaked goodslovely homehot breakfasteach morningcouple of nights
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Stayed here with my boyfriend. Really enjoyed the room, the fireplace was super cozy and the lounges downstairs are equally inviting. We liked the cookies and breakfast was delicious (although it was much more ample Saturday than Sunday). One thing that really bothered me though was that there were hidden 'costs' everywhere. If you wanted extra snacks in the lounge, you had to pay. If you wanted to leave your bags after check-out, you had to pay, extra amenities were charged. I can understand the reasoning for this, but when you're paying over $250 a night, I think the inn can afford to at least pretend not to be so cheap. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I like bed and breakfasts because of the total feeling of comfort and that felt really cheap.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tadessain
stantonhouseinn, Owner at Stanton House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and that the gas fireplace in your room was put to good use to make your room extra cozy and inviting.

Nevertheless, we are a little confused in regards to your concerns about hidden costs. All of our fees for services that are not included in the room rate are posted so that all guests are aware of them. Bag storage fees has become a common practice and if you choose to leave your bags with us, the fee is clearly displayed at the front desk.

Based on the priorities of previous guests, breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking, and afternoon tea, coffee, and sweets – which are all complimentary – are services that are greatly appreciated. (I do apologize about our lack of croissants on Sunday morning, but as I’m sure you can understand, we try to change the available choices so breakfast has some variety).

To further clarify, room 28 with the operating fireplace, wet bar, refrigerator, and balcony, as well as complimentary services is currently $210 a night, not $250. In addition, we collect as required a Connecticut lodging tax of 13.7%, the amount of which is $28.77.

We hope this has clarified any questions about our pricing and thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We have come here for every special occasion over the past 3 years! It is our oasis for relaxation out of the city. The owners and team are always so thoughtful and helpful, the breakfast is DELICIOUS and the rooms are incredibly clean and perfect. Summer, winter and fall -- all special here. I recommend the Brush Suite -- the bath minerals they include go perfectly in the oversized clawfoot tub. It's a true treasure!!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for choosing us for the special events in your life. It is always a pleasure having you stay and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly welcome, beautiful house! We had the rooms at the top floor. Nice, cozy, nice views, impeccably clean. The Inn is super well situated, walking distance to nice restaurants. Breakfast with fresh fruit and two different hot breakfast options each morning. I would definitely come back and hesitated in writing about this Inn: it is a hidden gem and I would not want it to be booked out next time we are coming. Thanks for an unforgettable stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I had the good fortune to spend a couple of nights at the beginning of October, at the "Stanton House Inn" when I had to move out of my apartment for some renovation. It was a delightful experience. The room was lovely, extremely clean, the bedding soft and comfy. That's a must for me. The entire "Inn" provides a warm, comfortable atmosphere. The owners are just as warm and friendly as the "Inn" itself. A continental breakfast is served with homemade croissants, cinammon rolls, bagels, cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit cup, cereal, muffins, juices, coffee, tea and more. More than adequate selections in an absolutely lovely dining area. I would return and am delighted to have found a place locally that I can recommend to friends, family and others visiting from out-of town. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor with a private entrance.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Beautiful house and friendly, gracious hosts. Everything was exactly the way we wanted it and the location of the property made it convenient to Westchester Airport and worked well for our various activities over in Terrytown/Sleepy Hollow. Highly recommended as an alternative to any hotel.

Room Tip: I imagine all rooms are equally fine