“Amazing Experience”

The J House Greenwich
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenwich
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently had the pleasure of enjoying the Sunday brunch at The JHouse. Simply stated an incredible experience from start to finish. The setting was beautiful. We were on the deck overlooking the waterfall. The food was exceptional. We will plan our next visit to CT to include a stop here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I want to make a very strong statement with my review. I have been here many times and the service was good.
I picked my family up at the airport and I was on my way home to CT and decided to stop and treat them to the J House.
I knew wen the valet guys werent out there to valet my car I should have known it was going to be a bad night.

Needed to find someone to seat the 4 of us.

Have to go ask for someone to come take drink orders after a 8 mins wait.

I was concerned but remembered I was here and it was always good.

Drinks came, no problem.

ordered 2 hamburgers, 1 med rare with cheese, the other was plain just ketchup med well.

Well both came with cheese

so we called the server back and the made it right but not the issue was the temps were switched as the burger that had the cheese and it was removed, was rare and he ordered well.

Had to ask for my check too.

In all the years paying 20-25 percent tips, I explain to server the reason which I tipped
"0".

I was not my day at the J House.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank thomasjsullivan
JHouseGreenwich, General Manager at The J House Greenwich, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Sir,

On behalf of the JHouse staff, please accept our sincere apologies for the service shortcomings you experienced during your last visit. Thank you for taking the time to point out ways in which we can improve our team.
It is a terrible misstep when restaurant guests are not greeted immediately. Signage has been placed on our patio, so that guests will be directed to our hostess stand, located in the restaurant.
We ask that you give us a another chance to serve you and to put our best foot forward.
It is customers like you who help to make the JHouse a successful neighborhood restaurant.
I hope that you will contact me personally for your next reservation.

Sincerely Yours,

Laura Gillis
203.326.1064
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! Will definitely stay there again. The food to the room and the service were great. Hands down one if my favorite hotels. Everything is done thru the iPad, from requesting toothpaste to adjusting the light and blinds. It also tells you the time the item will be delivered.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JamilletteG
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

While this is a sleek-looking boutique hotel, we were disappointed in our stay, primarily due to the multitude of little problems. Our room was quite large, with a wide expanse of empty space between beds and the wall with the TV, perhaps 8-10 feet of nothing. The remote for the TV did not really work (perhaps it couldn't "reach"), but even if it had worked well there were only about fifteen working channels (satellite was forever searching for signal). The touchpad meant to be used for controlling the room was also tempermental and it was a real pain just to raise/lower the blinds, turn down the lights, etc. The black washcloths in the bathroom left small black fuzz on everything they touched. The automated toilet was super cool to look at, but impractical in that its sensors raised and lowered the toilet seat quite frequently (even if a makeup bag was resting on top). There were no reservations available at the hotel restaurant and there was no room service menu in the room (or on the touchpad). They acknowledged they only had a few and would bring one to our room upon request. The room service order finally arrived, but it was incomplete (no drinks and only two sets of utensils, though three entrees had been ordered). On that note though, the best part of our stay was the room service sushi. The roll was called a "tuna sandwich", it was delicious and innovative and worth every penny. Overall, I think the J House suffers from trying to be uber-trendy. What they need are some experienced hotel managers (we saw not one staff member over 30), who can better train the younger staffers and carry out a gameplan to get all the technology back on track - after all, technology is only cool when it actually works. We were to stay two nights, but cancelled the second one and stayed somewhere down the street for about $100 less a night (and a more enjoyable stay).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MaryEliseM
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Last week was the 2nd time we stayed in this hotel and I have to commend the total package that includes the service and the amenities!!! People are so nice and very helpful. It's a small hotel but very comfortable. The room as great and quite modern with lights, curtains, and temperature controlled using an Ipad! Love the restaurant and bar! My husband's a chef and he enjoyed his meal a lot! :)

Room Tip: any of their standard rooms is good enough! of course the corner ones are larger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the J House Hotel and could not believe all the value we were getting for such an affordable nightly rate. The rooms are modern with black out shades (amazing for sleeping in!) and mirror TV's that can all be controlled by an iPad. The toilet is something I have to mention since we got such a kick out of it. It's one of those Japanese toilets that opens when you walk up to it via motion senser and here's the best part: the seat is HEATED. I don't know why every toilet seat made is not heated now having experienced that. What a simple pleasure! The design of the rest of the room is crisp and modern and had just enough space for the two of us. The outside bar and restaurant is absolutely wonderful - service impeccable, food great and the bar scene over the weekend was amazing. They have a DJ that really turns it into a fun little scene. I loved the canopy of Ivy over the restaurant and the indoor area was beautiful as well. Pool area is gorgeous and you can rent a cabana for not too much $$. The only thing I would advise is to not order any food or drink at the pool as the delivery and service charge out there is absolutely outrageous. Put it this way - my bottle of water was $11.
All said and done, if you find yourself in Greenwich, I would highly recommend you stay at the J House, you will definitely be happy you booked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melrose8623
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here to attend a beloved family members wake. I am not into"modern" style but this plane was very comfortable. It is elegant, clean, and stylish. The employees were very friendly, from the front desk to the pool attendant. The rooms were beyond state of the art. There are bidets and in mirror tv's. The lighting shades and thermostat are controlled via the included iPad. The was small but relaxing. The attendant was very accommodating. Offered drinks and selections from the menu. I was very surprised indeed.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Karen M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwich
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Southport
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook

Been to The J House Greenwich? Share your experiences!