“Great BBQ in CT? Yes there is.”
Review of Chester's Barbecue

Chester's Barbecue
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 August 2014

You can tell by the smell as you walk in the door that this place is for real. basic, no frill BBQ. Served on pape rplates. I had the pulled pork (they have both bbq and NC vinegar), brisket and burnt ends. All were cooked perferctly and juicy. The had 2 different sauces avalible. and plenty of sides to choose from. They also have a delicious iced tea. Great food for the cost. Looking for something other then seafood. Give Chester's a try. It will not disappoint

2  Thank wpeer

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my visit to Chester's.
The ribs are excellent.
They are cooked To perfection.
I like the dry rub and putting on your own barbecue flavor. They are very tasty. I like
This better than restaurant's that smother
Them with barbecue sauce. All You can taste is the sauce. The bake beans, coleslaw, corn bread for sides are also very good. It is like home cooking. You can BYOB for drinks. My grandson is picky and loves there Ribs. Service was very good. If you are in the mood for barbecue Food visit this restaurant.
You will not be disappointed.
Enjoy!

2  Thank popib56
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were out riding and the pizza place we wanted to go for lunch, was gone! It's been a while since we went to that pizza place, so I went on TripAdvisor to see what the people said was good in Groton. It had this place as the Number 2 place in that area.
We had lunch and my wife had the small order of baby backs and I had the small order of beef ribs.
We each had two side. Hers was corn and potato salad and I had the Mac & cheese and baked beans. We both had cornbread.
The ribs were just okay. Hers were a bit burnt and mine were okay. They put a rub on them and you need to add the sauce.
The sides were both really good.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our nephew who serves in the Navy introduced us to Chester's BBQ. You drive into a nondescript shopping center and wonder where and why you are there, then you see the sign in the corner with a pig wearing a hot and a smoking a corncob pipe. As you enter you smell that amazing smoker smell and all of the other aromas that make your mouth water. The menu board can be overwhelming since you want to eat everything! We had the brisket sandwiches along with the pulled pork. The BBQ sauce, what a dilemma, sweet or spicy? we had both, YUM!!!!! Everything was so delicious that we went back the next day and ordered take out so we could munch and watch the USA soccer game, also took two jars of sauce with us to Maine for a family reunion. AMAZING STUFF. Chester's is an amazing place, don't miss out! Oh we also got to meat Chester himself, great guy. Great job.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stopped for lunch while on vacation. Not by mistake but by using the reviews for the area. When you first walk in your greeted with the pleasent aroma of smoked meat. Decided on the brisket. It was out of this world. Best I have ever had. Portions are generous and the price reasonable. Will return when I come back into the area.

1  Thank T J

Been to Chester's Barbecue? Share your experiences!