“Very nice hotel!”

Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Groton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great location for mystic,mohegan sun,and foxwoods.Wish they had a shuttle to mohegan but other than that love this hotel and always stay here on weekends for our trips to mohegan.Great service,clean rooms,and nice pool!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Easy to get to. Off 95 and 2 min your there. Great Hotel and fun for the kids. It is a 5 min car ride from the hotel to the town of Mystic. Mystic is great!! I recommend a day and half, and that all you need. you get see everything go to dinner and just spend the 2nd day catching up on anything you missed and you should be good

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Doug S.,

Thank you for your review of the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m happy to hear took advantage of our close proximity to Mystic and you had the chance to enjoy the town! I’m also glad that you were pleased with the hotel and your kids had fun as well.

I hope you will get the chance to come stay with us again in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived late with a sleeping toddler. They delivered the crib before my husband even unloaded the car. They were sold out, but the hotel never felt hectic. It was a very relaxing weekend. Great service, clean rooms and great pool for kids.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Sarah A.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was quick to accommodate your needs. I’m also glad you had the chance to relax and experience the pool as well.

I hope you and your family will come stay with us again next time you find yourself in the Groton/Mystic area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Truth be known this is an average Full service Marriott hotel. A little less customer focused than some but a typical Marriott, nonetheless. I'm not sure how levels are determined within Marriott but this is clearly NOT on a par with Marriott's The Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama or the Marabella Hotel and Resort in Spain. I know I've stayed at both. This hotel needs to be "refreshed" or "updated". Bathrooms are small. A new shower head, a curved curtain rod, and new lighting don't qualify as updating. Carpeting and furniture in the room are dated and color schemes are 5-7 years out of style. They do off a free wi-fi package and they have an Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa on premise. Room rates are high for this level of hotel. Beds are comfortable and bed linens are standard Marriott good quality sheets, etc. You could do worse. Don't make the mistake of thinking you're coming to a high end hotel! You're not ...........

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Serviceprof,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here at the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I apologize you felt as though your stay did not exceed your expectations. I’m glad you enjoyed our complimentary Wi-Fi and hope you had a chance to experience the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. I’m also happy to hear you found our beds to be comfortable and sheets to be of good quality.

Thank you for your comments as guest feedback helps us to continuously improve, and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with a great location. It is close to all the local attractions and functioned as our base camp. The kids loved the pool and my wife enjoyed the spa. We had a great stay. The room service food was quite good also. We can't wait to head back there next summer!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel has the perfect location in mystic it has an amazing view of the lake and the rooms are very nice. The concierge lounge is perfect and is really useful for peace and quiet. The restaurant at breakfast is pretty good as it has very nice food and the tea is amazing.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear deancraigwolman,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and your lake view room. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of the concierge lounge to relax, and that you enjoyed your breakfast at Octagon!

I hope you will come stay with us again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Fine marriott property that is close to 95 and area attractions. Breakfast buffet for gold and above members in restaurant was fine. Parking free and plentiful. Some noise in rooms from halls when people pass by and due to lots of weddings this can go fairly late but was not out of control. Good check in process and helpful with maps. Second visit.

Room Tip: I have always stayyed on back of hotel so do not know if there are good views from front of hotel. N...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear alexandriava,

Thank you for your review of the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your second stay with us! I’m glad that you had a pleasant check-in experience and that you were happy with our convenient location to local attractions. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Octagon. I hope you will come stay with us again.

Kind Regards,
Farouk Rajab

Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Mystic
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Holiday Inn Express Mystic
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!