“Great Hotel / Better Staff”

Hampton Inn - Groton
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Groton
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel / Better Staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Scott at the front desk is great he really makes you feel welcome. We stayed for two nights to go to the Brooklyn Fair and Mystic attractions.

The breakfast was great and lobby was spotless. The only issue was the pool which was sullied by guests hoping in after a day at the beach. The pool was clean by the morning showing the staff is quick to respond.

The only other issue was the fact that we booked a two queen room and the beds were doubles or full sized at best. This is the second comfort inn with smaller than advertised beds so it might be a company wide thing.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room as the hotel is not on a busy road and is set back a good distance.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ive stayed here before so back again for an overnight visit to rest between gambling at Mohegan.

Location - Great for Mohegan can use Rt 12 or jump on H/w takes about 20 minutes so thats good. Also forgot my belt so just down the road is shopping places. I also planned to go to Planet Fitness down the road but didnt find time as woke up too late and didnt want to go there and not have time to get back and shower. I also recently went to area with family and Mystic not far as well as if you take Rt 12 the sub base is close, also lots of food and other options nearby.

Room - Not sure what happened but I got a smoking room. As was just in for one night I didnt feel like going back down to change it and I smoke when at casino but not in room so guess having the option was good but I didnt use it. Also this meant I was on top floor and room was furthest from elevator. Again no big deal as I like using stairs however the parking lot was packed when I got back so did me no good but luck of the draw on a Saturday overnight

Rate - Reasonable. Most of the places bump up rate on weekends due to beaches and casino this time of year so I picked here again as had better rate and I know decent hotel. Im thinking I might try to find a lower priced place as I really just use for sleeping but dont want to go to low as I do have standards:)

So overall a good experience again at this hotel and would recommend.
I didnt have breakfast at hotel this time but is the standard free breakfast, waffles, eggs, oatmeal etc... brand new looking dining area thats by the entrace.
Also didnt use hotel gym but have before , its small I think a treadmill and eliptical maybe a bike in there, and some dumbells, nothing special but again planet fitness down the street if your a member there.
Finally there is a pool saw some kids in it when leaving, ive only been to this hotel by myself so need to bring family so my daughter can rate the pool area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Groton Hampton Inn, while visiting South Eastern Connecticut. Scott, and Dariann, were working the front desk. They were very friendly and very, very helpful and knowledgeable of their jobs, but were also very helpful with suggestions for area attractions and places to eat. This Hotel, is very clean and comfortable.
There is a good morning breakfast, as well as cookies and fruit and soft drinks for free every night. Can't say enough good things about the people who work there. They make the owner look real good.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. The room was non-smoking large and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a great welcome by your manager who made sure all our needs were met each day. Her 'Work Effort' as well as her diligence 'Work Ethic' on our behalf was amazing as was the rest of the staff at this location. We enjoyed the amenities as well and would reccomend this location as well. This location of the hotel was best served to be in a great location to all the sights we visited.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night as we were passing thru to MA. The front desk staff were very nice. The coffee, hot cocoa & mints were a nice touch after a long day on the road. The room was nice. Charging stations very appreciated. The bathroom could stand to be updated...shower head was older & changing it's settings didn't work. Also, I'm sure it has something to do with venting issues etc but it really bugs me that hotel bathrooms have no fans. A couple of showers later & the humidity in the room is like 100%. The complimentary breakfast was decent. Beds were definitely firmer than most hotels.

Stayed August 2014
Washington, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is truly an outstanding hotel with a really great staff. From the check-in to the check-out the staff was exceptional. Also, the extras the hotel offers in terms of food and facilities are truly exceptional. I will stay in this hotel again when I am in the Groton CT area again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great location, close to I-95, Mystic and Abbotts Lobster. Rooms and property very clean and well maintained. Staff very friendly and attentive to cleanliness. Nice breakfast and afternoon snacks. Perfect place to stay after many hours on motorcycle. Beds very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
#5 of 14 in Groton
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hampton Inn - Groton? Share your experiences!