“owner is really rude”

Add it.
Village Bake House
Ranked #70 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you have a coupon or any other cert. don't go here. I have never felt so embarrased!!! My family, friends and co workers have been there in the past but I never used a Rest.com cert. I purchased a cert. through Restaurant.com. I have used the cert. for many years at home and for travel. I have never had an issue. The owner here even suggested fraud on the part of Restaurant.com. ! I can hardly believe it. He also said he had never seen us in his restaurant before. We have gone there and with friend who live in the Area have ordered takeout. We have never been treates so badly especially by the owner. We are not upset that we couldn't use the coupon . A little bit of caring about the customer goes a long way!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Not only do they sell cakes and cookies and bread baked in-house, but they serve delicious lunches, also available for takeout. These include soups, salads, and sandwiches. And all moderately priced, too.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I had the Buffalo Chicken Wrap and it was the best I have ever had anywhere. Buffalo chicken, black beans, pepper jack cheese, and blue cheese dressing on a flour torilla. Delish!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I can't speak for ALL of their food, because honestly, ever since I first ordered their low fat veggie wrap a few years ago, I haven't been able to order anything else!! So I'm a vegetarian, and they have a ton of delicious sounding meat-free options, but their low fat veggie wrap is one of the best wraps I've ever had, and I actually have cravings for it. Being a vegetarian for 16+ years, I've had my share of wraps. Most of them are lame. They are either raw vegetables and lettuce and hummus, or the typical slimy, overcooked pepper, onion, and mushroom, and cheese combo. It takes a lot to impress me, at this point. Village Bake House actually had me coming back 5 days in a row recently because their combo of crisp broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, swiss, and low fat dressing in a tomato tortilla, lightly baked on a stone.....is just amazing. They always serve it with a 1/2 sour pickle, and side of the day, which is either potato salad, coleslaw, or pasta salad. All of the employees are very friendly, and they are very prompt.
Their baked goods look incredible, but since I'd feel a little weird ordering a double chocolate chunk cookie with a low fat veggie wrap, I haven't yet tried any of them.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I remember going here as a child, and I didn't want a birthday cake from anywhere but here. Unfortunately, they told my husband they don't make cakes now, and for a bakery they have few choices of baked goods. However, their sandwiches are delicious and there are so many choices. I like that they come with a side and a pickle-perfect for taking on a picnic.

Been to Village Bake House? Share your experiences!