“Relaxing Spa and Friendly Staff”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Spas & Wellness in Groton
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I am very glad I didn't read the other ratings before visiting this spa! I am also guessing that if you go during a busy time there might be issues but I didn't go during spa week so didn't find any similar issues.

I had a few services. First was a manicure with Ashley. She is friendly and very competent. She took a lot of time with me and my hands and nails look amazing. Besides the cuticle work, paint and hand massage she also used a scrub on my hands that made them very soft then used parafin. It was great. All of the staff in that area seemed very friendly and cheerful.

Next I had an 80 minute hot stone massage. I had never had a massage with hot stones before and I loved it. Steve is a fantastic therapist that listened and responded to what I needed. It was one of the best massages I have ever had and there was no digging or discomfort at all. It was all realaxation.

My last service was a facial with Renate. Renate is a soft spoken woman that very quickly diagnosed my skin and adjusted the service to suit what I needed. My face feels very smooth and I plan on going back to see her again next month. All of that said, she was sweet and very caring during the facial making sure none of the therapies were making me uncomfortable.

I encountered Emily and Haley on the front desk and both were friendly, courteous and helpful.

I highly recommend this establishment. Every service was a great experience.

All reviews
"friendly and accommodating staff"
"quiet room"
in 3 reviews
"received a gift certificate"
"full service"
"fitness center"
in 20 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 December 2012

The quiet room is for both men & women--even though we had it mostly to ourselves, I think separate ones would be better. The rest of the place is very professional & clean.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Great service and I looked nice for class reunion. I ordinarily would never pay this much....but was worth it!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I went on a saturday during spa week, when discounted spa services are availble. I have attended this spa before during spa weeks, but left disappointed this time.
The steam room badly needs an overhaul. The white ceramic tiles have large patches of mouldy grout. Even some of the tiles had moldy patches covering them, which I wiped at lightly with a toe, and the mold came off - this means that the steam room has not been properly cleaned! The paint was badly peeling from a light fixture.
In the toilet area, the soap dispenser was empty. In the relaxation room, most of the time you could not actually get a seat, and the tables were overflowing with dishes and glasses. The cranberry juice was also empty when I went to get a drink.The hot tub and pool area also look dated & not thoroughly clean.
The services:
Facial - excellent!
Stress melter - I have had this service before, and had much better experiences with different technicians. This time the woman massaged my feet for a full 30 minutes - before I have had massge work done around my feet, hands, face, head, neck & shoulders, which was not done at all.
Pedicure - no paraffin treatment was done during my pedicure. I have had previous spa week pedi's and always had the paraffin treatment included. When I questioned this, I was told the spa week service no longer included the paraffin treatment (a full price pedi does still include the paraffin treatment).

Upgrades to the physical environment are needed, and then they should be keeping on top of cleaning, and refreshing the relaxation areas etc and not overbooking so that the common areas are too busy to get a seat. They have been a lot better with this in previous visits, so I hope this was a one off.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I live close to this location and when it 1st opened this was THE spot. The services are pricier than other spas, but you may take advantage of the pool, sauna, etc. They also used to include an 18% tip in the list price, but that changed last year. Upon arrival for my massage, I went in to the locker room to change, but there were no robes ! I had to go out and find an employee for more robes. She did come back in a few minutes with robes. The locker room needs an upgrade. trash was overflowing. Had to try 3 lockers before I found one that would close. The relaxation room had dirty glasses everywhere. And, its quite small and to me, not relaxing . I had a hot stone massage with Jill and it was fabulous ! Then, a pedicure with Ashley, also great ! Overall I would give the spa an average rating, but the services were top notch !