“a little pricey but you get what you pay for”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Groton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“a little pricey but you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I went to the red door spa in Groton yesterday and I have been there before and it is always an enjoyable experience. I do get messages elsewhere but every now and then I like to enjoy the whole experience. the staff is very pleasant working to be sure all your needs are attended to. the relaxation room is nice and comfortable and then the masseuse comes to get you. I had Zida for a 50 min deep tissue and she did an exceptional job! after I utilized the pool and fitness center then before I was done spent some time in the steam room. it was a great day. again a little pricey but I'd say its worth it!

Visited May 2013

NJ
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Expensive, short massage.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I went their on a girl's getaway weekend and paid $125 for a 50 min. massage which is way too expensive for what it was. The technician was goo which is why I am giving the place an average instead of poor. The relaxation room was 0% relaxing with people coming in and out, including someone who came in from outside, sat down to eat a giant sandwich!!!??? Another guy said he lived in the area, used the hotel health club, and started chatting us up in the relaxation room. People came in their street clothes looking around for friends, and being disruptive. I would not visit again.

Visited April 2013
North Haven, CT
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Relaxing Spa and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I am very glad I didn't read the other ratings before visiting this spa! I am also guessing that if you go during a busy time there might be issues but I didn't go during spa week so didn't find any similar issues.

I had a few services. First was a manicure with Ashley. She is friendly and very competent. She took a lot of time with me and my hands and nails look amazing. Besides the cuticle work, paint and hand massage she also used a scrub on my hands that made them very soft then used parafin. It was great. All of the staff in that area seemed very friendly and cheerful.

Next I had an 80 minute hot stone massage. I had never had a massage with hot stones before and I loved it. Steve is a fantastic therapist that listened and responded to what I needed. It was one of the best massages I have ever had and there was no digging or discomfort at all. It was all realaxation.

My last service was a facial with Renate. Renate is a soft spoken woman that very quickly diagnosed my skin and adjusted the service to suit what I needed. My face feels very smooth and I plan on going back to see her again next month. All of that said, she was sweet and very caring during the facial making sure none of the therapies were making me uncomfortable.

I encountered Emily and Haley on the front desk and both were friendly, courteous and helpful.

I highly recommend this establishment. Every service was a great experience.

Visited January 2013
Ossipee
“Spoiled ourselves at the spa”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The quiet room is for both men & women--even though we had it mostly to ourselves, I think separate ones would be better. The rest of the place is very professional & clean.

Visited December 2012
Clyde, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“expensive make up application”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Great service and I looked nice for class reunion. I ordinarily would never pay this much....but was worth it!

Visited October 2012