“Kawa a big disappointment”
Review of Sushi Kawa

Sushi Kawa
Ranked #66 of 121 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 25 April 2013

when it first opened, the food was good if pricey. However the quality has become very mediocre at best and the fusion part is uninspired. We recently called in for a take-out order and the staff forgot to include one item we ordered, and then gave us something we didn't want. when I called to complain about the poor service, over charge etc they were hostile and arrogant. I wouldn't recommend this place -there are other better restaurants that don't cause so much heartburn

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Ate here the other night w/ my wife and son. I decided to have the Spider, and a California Roll. My wife ordered the Sushi Deluxe w/ a bowl of Miso soup. My son had the chicken lo-mein. We were all happy w/ the food that we ordered. The staff were very attentive and friendly. I have been here before, and have no complaints. The restaurant has recently added hibachi style cooking to their establishment, in which I have yet to try. BTW, I hear the lobster roll is very delicious.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

As with any first visit to a Chinese restaurant, I always order Hot & Sour soup and General Tso’s Chicken. I have found that the preparation and taste of these items will generally determine whether or not a return visit to the restaurant is warranted to try other menu items.
The Hot & Sour soup was good. The broth was just slightly thick, tofu present but not predominate, and surprising to me, there were chicken strips in the soup rather than the traditional pork. I expect Hot & Sour soup to have a bit of kick to it, but this was somewhat sweet.
The General Tso’s Chicken was also good, but different than the norm. The chicken was crisp with a mix of dark and white meat. Expecting some spicy heat in the sauce, I was again surprised by the presence of sweetness.
This visit to Sushi Kawa was during lunch time. There was one other table of patrons in the restaurant. Service was quick and attentive. The establishment looked clean, but I understand it was recently renovated.
Return visit . . . hmmmm. I wouldn’t go out of my way, but if in the neighborhood . . . . maybe.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

good place, great sushi, friendly staff! I love the spicy tuna rolls! Bar tender also makes nice strong drinks, very friendly and nice on the eyes!