“Consistent great service”
Review of Octagon

Octagon
Reserve with OpenTable
Octagon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Groton
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located just outside Mystic, CT, Octagon prides itself on offering the finest steaks and freshest seafood everyday. Our menu changes seasonally and celebrates local ingredients harvested right here in our beautiful state of Connecticut. To our pleasure, our guests are travelers from around the globe and neighborhood locals. From our open grill and wine cellar to our one of a kind artwork and glass sculptures, we truly believe dining should be an experience, not just a meal.
Stamford, Connecticut
“Consistent great service”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Amy and Roger always welcoming, great service and attitude Good drafts beers usually interesting menu a selections

Visited July 2014
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Octagon, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi Rockrimmonroad!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words regarding Amy and Roger during your experience here at the Octagon Steakhouse.

We hope that the next time you're in the mood for some more interesting dishes, you come back!

All the best,

Hebron
“Breakfast buffet great”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Breakfast buffet exceeds expectations. Food is fresh and replenished regularly. Staff is attentive and friendly.

Visited July 2014
Hi Theresa A!

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our breakfast buffet. We try to make it the absolute best because we know that it's the most important meal of the day!

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Octagon to help inform the TripAdvisor community. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Kindest Regards,
Farouk Rajab
“Extremely friendly service and good food”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Roger was our server and was very knowledgeable and made good recommendations. He was friendly and the food was good.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your experience at Octagon Steakhouse! Roger really enjoys his job, and it sounds like you could tell from your experience with him!

We hope that the next time you're looking for a fantastic meal and are in the area, you come back to Octagon and try some of the other dishes we offer (I myself am partial to the shrimp ceviche!).

Best Regards,
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meals and service at the Octagon”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Octagon is a must if your're looking for a quality steak in the Groton/Mystic area. The menu has much more to offer like the Tuna Street Tacos. One of my favorites. The Dragon chowder or the Sirloin chili are great starters. The Octagon is a great place to bring the whole family to dine with the variety of selections on the menu. The Octagon staff is second to none in the Groton/Mystic area. Always polite, professional and welcoming whether you dine in the restaurant or the lounge.

• Visited June 2014
WHGGuestService, Special Events Manager at Octagon, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Limaruss,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Octagon at Mystic Marriott Hotel and Spa! I have to agree with you completely - the Dragon Chowder is one of my favorite items on the menu hands down!

We look forward to serving you the next time you come to Octagon for dinner.

Warm Regards,
Amanda Toner
Special Events Manager
“ok not great”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I decided to give this place a try, we were staying at the Mariott overnight and it was the only restaurant in the hotel. I was surprised at the prices 10 for a glass of wine. My husband was going to order the scallops but being we were at a steakhouse, he figured he should order steak. He ordered the bison skirt steak medium and what they gave him was rare. He is not one to complain so he ate some of it, but I stopped him because I can see he was struggling with cutting it and the meat was purple. Our waitress brought it to the manager's attention. They gave us complimentary dessert. My dinner was good I ordered the salmon and the roast pork belly appetizer was delicious. Overall, good service. Just too pricey for the quality of food you get.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Sellyna D
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Octagon, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Sellyna,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and give your honest comments. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your meal and appetizer. Bison is one of my favorite local products and I hope it was recooked to your husband’s liking.

We hope you have the opportunity in the future to try more items on our menu to experience the top quality products we offer.

Best regards,
Farouk Rajab

Been to Octagon? Share your experiences!