“Solid. Reliable. Been coming for years.”

Ortega's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Chicken fajitas with a little fresh lime always hits the spot. Big portions. Friendly service. Lots of locals frequent it. Easy parking. Most recent visit a bit chilly inside as front door kept opening.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

OK, We are not experts, but the food and service was surely OK and reasonable priced. We had both fajitas chicken/meat and they tased both good.

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Have been eatting here for many years. The last 2 visits have been less than appealing. Service ok. Food cold. The rice was dried out. Like it had been sitting. Couple tables around complained as well. Not sure why the lack of effort in kitchen but it's not the same place I have recommended. I don't mind the aospher being worn out if the food is good. It wasn't. Sad to say may not visiting again.

1  Thank ttbsuziq
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This restaurant is not worth all of the likeness of people.It was dirty, outdated, and the service was horrible. Reasonably priced, and some may like it, but most of the food is bland, and someone I know got food poisoning... never good! Some may like it, I just didn't.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I came here with a couple of friends who raved about the place. Honestly, I don't understand why. The waitstaff was ok, but if you linger too long after you've paid your check, be prepared for dirty looks (the restaurant was half empty, and it was no where near closing time).

The food was really, really, really bland, and it tasted like it was microwaved. My chimichanga was totally soggy, and the chicken tasted funny. I found myself hoping I wouldn't wake up sick the next day. The tortilla chips were the best thing in the restaurant. Furthermore, it looked like what I would expect prison food to look like. Sort of just slopped on a plate, a brownish orange-y color. I would def. not go back, but my friends seemed to like their food....so, maybe the jury is still out?