“Great pizza”

The Rolling Tomato
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've only tried their cheese pizza and I loved it. Thin and crusty and cheese just melts in your mouth. The place is also bring your own beer so it's a fun hangout.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We are pizza snobs. Grew up in New Haven. Cut our teeth on Sally's on Wooster Street. Although this is not Sally's, neither is it your neighborhood Greek Pizza. This is a wood fired, thin crust pizza with flavorful, imaginative toppings. Quite enjoyable. We had the clam and also the pesto and chicken. The clam was superb..bacon, hot cherry peppers and roasted peppers rounded out the full flavor. The Princess Priscilla (pesto and chicken) had roasted peppers and Gorgonzola also, but didn't need the Gorgonzola. All in all, a very enjoyable dinner with our BYOB wine. Staff is helpful and friendly. Had a nice talk with the owner, who if passionate about his product. Will return when we are in the area again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I am a good wood fired pizza junkie. Not only is the pizza crust thin but the toppings are fresh and well placed on the pie itself. The service there is top notch. Such a great experience. Best pizza in New London county hands down. I know that I will be back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a celebration at our office and we used The Rolling Tomato Mobile Catering. I had no idea what to expect, until the big wood fired grill came rolling in. Vic and Mia came pulling in at 11:30 and they were all set up and ready to cook at 12:00!!
We had the 20 Pizza party and it was awesome!! Along with the pizza we also included the wood fired chicken wings and the Love salad!!!
Once the chicken wings and salad were devoured the pizza started cranking out.
All I can say is, if you are having a good size get together and want to do something different, try The Rolling Tomato you won't be disappointed.
Great food!!! Great service!!! Great time!!!

1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Let me start off by saying I love pizza. I have had all kinds of pizza. Chicago pizza, New York pizza, New Haven pizza. I love pizza. I have tried all sorts of pizza in Groton since moving from Chicago. I never found anything I really liked. Most of the pizza joints around here have a Greek style to their pizza. It wasn't until I had Rolling Tomato that I had the best pizza I had since going to Frank Pepe's in New Haven.

Yes, the pizza is that good. I used to jump in my car and drive all the way to New Haven for some Frank Pepe's pizza. Now when I have a hankering for some delicious pizza I drive to the Rolling Tomato instead. I have not had a pizza from the Rolling Tomato that i did not like. You will not be disappointed if you go here.

2  Thank JasonRedemption