“Local delish”

North End Deli & Caterers
Ranked #39 of 122 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Eat here often and have had both breakfasts and lunches, solo or family/friend. Only rare has the occasion been that I was not immediately greeted with a smile and an offer to get a beverage. Food has always been good and served with a choice of their delicious pasta salad or the usual fries. Family owned and frequented by locals that are often shopping in the plaza area that offers an opportunity to buy groceries, alcohol, get dry cleaning, visit CVS or attend local movie theatre---all while keeping the same parking space. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Oh well. Another strip mall place?
Went into CVS for a few things.
Parked next to a super market. We were hungry.
We both walked in to North End Deli. Busy, good sign. Sat in booth. And Megan came right over with a big smile.
Sandy had a BLT, I had a cup of chicken rice soup, home made. I had a grilled tuna on whole wheat. Excellant. And I am fussy.
The toilets were very clean.
Was not your ordinary strip mall place.
Will see you on way back from Maryland to CapeCod.
OMG!

2  Thank Phil E
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Decor is nothing to get excited about, but the food is always good. Great soup selections. And great combinations for sandwiches. Great place to sit with friends.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We have been eating at the North End Deli for a little over five years, off and on. "Off and on" because we have averaged at least one poor experience for every good experience. The good visits are very good indeed with excellent food and great service. The last visit fell into the average category. The food was OK but the service was virtually non-existent. Ten minutes to get a menu, another ten minutes to get coffee, etc.

This was the first restaurant that we ate at in Groton when we moved here in September of 2007 and the first experience was probably the best visit that we have had. Breakfast and sandwiches are usually good, pasta and dinners iffy. The other problem is that the operating hours are subject to change at a moment's notice. This could be a great place to eat and meet friends; unfortunately, you never which North End Deli will show up for the meal.

1  Thank JOHN R
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The food (breakfast in my case) was decent. The omelettes are well cooked and stuffed with cheese. The cinnamon rolls were delicious. The service was right along with most other places in New England...cold and stale. I'd go back if someone wanted to go there specifically, but I don't think I'll get the urge to go there on my own. They do have grits (they were cooked correctly...thick, not runny) and that was a pleasant sight.
If I recall, breakfast cost my family of 4 about $40.