“Weekend Wine Getaway!”
Review of Super 8 Groton

Super 8 Groton
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed 17 December 2013

After much searching for the right place to stay, we settled on the Super 8 in Groton Ct. Normally if i travel by myself, Super 8 is fine for me. But I would not bring along my sweetie. But when we saw the prices, Super 8 fit our budget.

We planned this weekend to explore Mystic Ct. attend a Bridgeport Sound Tigers game of the AHL. Both of these activities were easy to get to from Groton, Mystic just a couple of miles up I95 and Bridgeport was an hr south.

The Groton Super 8 was no great shakes but it was clean, quiet and convenient. The price was reasonable considering the that we were very close to the Ct. casino's.

Check in was quick & easy as was check out. This property had an elevator, which made it nice since we brought our own food for breakfast & snacks.

I would stay here again and I always check Super 8 when I have a choice when I travel.

Room Tip: Stay up stairs on the back parking lot side. It is very quiet and the rear door is convenient.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife and Ihave stayed here several time the past few years and have never been disappointed, but this time it was a Disaster. We arrived late evening for our first night and went to bed. I got up to use the bathroom about 2 am and when I flushed the toilet it kept running and began to overflow all ove the floor. There was urine & feces everywhere. I remove the top of the toilet tank and stuffed a styrofoam cup into the mechanism to get it to stop. I used up all of our towels to clean as as best I could and returned to bed. We were up early the next morning and reported it to the front desk and the lady said that their maintenance man didn't arrive until 9 am. I told her to be sure to have housekeeping sanitize the floor after cleaning up the remainder of the feces and urine and she said "absolutely". I also said that we should receive an adjustment to our charge for the room and she said it would be taken care of when we checked out afetr our next night's stay. We arrived back at the hotel at 9 pm and walked into our room which was exactly as we had left it that morning, untouched by housekeeping, filthy towels still piled up against the toilet. We went to the fron desk and were told that it should have been cleaned and it was housekeeping's fault. He changed us into another room which didn't have he king size bed that we paid for and I was again told that it would be adjusted the next morning at checkout time. When we checked out, we were told by the clerk that they didn't have the authority to adjust our bill, but she assured us that she would note everything that happened to us, and that we would certainly receive a call from the owner/manager who had the authority to make adjustments to our bill. It's been ten days and no contact by anyone at all. That is why I decided to provide this review, something which I usually do not do after staying somewhere. Not only were we surprized, but we were very disappointed after several years of staying there. Not sure if we will ever stay there again. Let this review be fair warning to any future potential guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for in inexpensive room for the night while visiting the Casino.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
#8 of 14 in Groton
Ramada Groton
Ramada Groton
#7 of 14 in Groton

Been to Super 8 Groton? Share your experiences!