Groton Inn and Suites
US$80
US$69
Travelocity
US$57
All reviewsprime riboff the menufull kitchenmohegan suntwo bedroom apartmentbreakfast couponsbreakfast was includedhome friesthe entire staffwill stay there againa nice place to stayroom ratefront desk staffconvenient locationking bedminute drivesub base
Reviewed 7 March 2012

2/27/2012 I want to thank Nancie (the GM) and her staff for a wonderful stay at this property. Because we were renting a 2 bedroom unit, we had to book with Nancie and she was amazing. It would be a party of 5 and we had many requests and she never tired of my many phone calls and emails. She even took the time to send me a letter with 100 things to do in the area. Her front desk staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered and I travel often. They called us by name and made us feel very welcomed. The bartender Dawn was very friendly. The breakfast was delicious and the waitstaff was wonderful and kept the coffee coming. Our 2 bedroom unit was very CLEAN and WELL STOCKED. Nancie made sure we had extra dishes and utensils and towels in our unit before we arrived. Housekeeping went up and beyond and we couldn't thank our housekeeper enough. This property gives off a family vibe and we will definately return to this location, we loved it here.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review we were a party of 5. The 2 bedroom w/full kitchen was a real asset for we could cook our meals (with the exception of breakfast, we at in their restaurant), in our unit. The 2 bedroom was very spacious and we loved that the bathroom had an extension so one person could do their hair/makeup while another was in the shower. Both bedrooms had a king bed, and it was comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cindi S
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

I am glad you had a great time and thank you for the review. All comments help us fine tune our service, for you - our guest! I hope the 100 things to do , left you with a list to come back and try a few more things in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hotel was not what I was expecting. My first reaction upon driving up to the building was, honestly, "This place is creepy!" It looks a lot nicer in the pictures than it actually is. The lobby smelled like stale beer. Perhaps that's what the pond is filled with, along with lethargic, obese coy fish. There was elevator, which I was unaware of when I chose a "suite" on the second floor. The smell of old beer continued up the stairs and into the hallways, which were dark and uninviting. Upon entering the room I was immediately disappointed. Everything was old, dingy and extremely outdated. What aggravated me the most was the bathroom. I prefer to have relative privacy while brushing and flossing my tooth or any other bathroom activity for that matter, and that was entirely impossible. I do not understand why anyone designing a hotel would think it was a good idea to only have a door for the shower and toilet, but not the mirror and sink. It just doesn't make sense. Overall I was very unhappy with the room. Every emergency sprinkler had a yellow water line running down the wall from it. The couch had mystery stains. The sheets were rough, and I don't even want to think about what may have been lingering on them from previous guests. After a long, uncomfortable night, morning finally came. The bathroom continued to aggravate me. We decided to take a risk and use our breakfast vouchers. Instead of sitting in the tiny restaurant, we brought the food back to our "suite." The french toast tasted like bread covered in eggs. No butter provided. The bacon was rock hard, I couldn't even chew it. The home fries were completely bland. If I wasn't so hungry I wouldn't have bothered eating any of it. With relief, I hastily packed my things and joyously exclaimed "Let's get out of here!" The best part of my stay was driving away and knowing that I would never have to see that place again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for taking time to write. I would have liked to know while you were here, what your concerns and service issues were, so we had an opportunity to address and resolve them for you. We have a manager on duty and would have been happy to work with you.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I recently traveled to Mystic, CT & stayed at this hotel. It was so dirty! And the toilet didn't work. I can't even go into how bad this was.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Please contact me regarding your review. We just passed AAA inspection with 100% in housekeeping so I find your comments on dirt something I would want to address immediately if I knew what your issue was specifically. I would like to know which room you stayed in regarding a broken toilet. We have no work orders for a toilet either during the time that you stayed. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your issues.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned home from another stay at the Groton Inn and Suites. This was the second weekend in a row that we spent there. We have stayed at the Groton Inn and Suites many times over the past several years. The rooms are the cleanest we've ever stayed in. The staff is exceptional and the food is excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a clean place to stay. You can't beat it for the price. The location is directly off I-95 and a fifteen minute drive straight down the road to Mohegan Sun. I'm sure we will be staying there again. If you want luxury, this is not the place. If you want cleanliness and friendliness, this is it.

Room Tip: We love #104.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandyCanton_CT

Thank you for taking time to write. We are happy that our staff provided you with a great experience. We pride ourselves on guest service. We look forward to seeing you again in your travels.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Clean,convenient location,excellent staff -this is an older property,but well maintained.Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was 'off the menue" and wonderful. The fact that the breakfast was "included"made it even better. Great little bar,very friendly people .

Room Tip: within a short drive of Foxwoods
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S

Thank you for your review it is nice to have guests that had a great experience comment - we often get guests that say they want to tell someone how good it is but once you leave and are on your way, it can often get forgotten. I am happy we provided you with a base for a good getaway.