“Weekend in Connecticut”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Westbury, NY
“Weekend in Connecticut”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We spent Saturday and Sunday visiting the Mystic area of Connecticut. Discovered Groton Inn two years ago staying only Sunday night(only night available). This time we called in advance and booked both nights. When checking in Arline (Guest Services Manager) at the desk, actualy remembered us. We were put in an efficiency with a king bed and full kitchen. The bed was super comfortabe but was being replace with something better. Each day were given a voucher for a full sit down, waitress servied breakfast that was excellent. Everyone was very nice from the cleaning staff to the waitresses, especially Arline. If you forgot something Walmart is across the street.We will stay there again and highly recommend thr Groton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This in not the best motel I have ever stayed at but neither is it the worst. Paid $124.95 + tax for two nights 20 and 21 June 2013. Our room had two queen beds, a large living room area and a kitchenette with microwave and small frig. The only short coming was the noisy A/C unit. The overall property is in fair to good condition. A little rough around the edges. Yes, the bath room is small and contains only the tub and toilet. But then I don't live in the bathroom and all we wanted was a comfortable place to sleep and shower. This filled the bill at a very nice price. And I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont think there was a pool nor room service. It isn't that kind of hotel. We wanted a place c...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
SC
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The hotel shows it's age in some places, but overall it's in good condition. Seemed clean other than the sheets had a stale odor to them.

We were there for an event at the hotel, so the location was great for us. It is close to many of the reasons you'd go to Groton, so that's a plus.

Staff was very nice. Complementary breakfast was good. There is a restaurant and bar right off of the lobby. Both were good.

Price was about half of the chain hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Connecticut
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed here one night for a brief trip. I found the hotel to be clean and well tended with a friendly staff. The nearby area has plenty of restaurants to suit most tastes as well as plenty of shopping.
It's about 25 minutes away from Foxwoods, which was the reason for my stay.
Completely satisfied for the price I paid.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SigurdJarlson
Port Washington, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Non-smoking rooms smell like stale smoke as do the hallways in non-smoking but no big deal right? Then I tried to sleep. Apparently they hire an outside cleaning service that specializes in gas stations to clean the kitchen ducts. They started at 11:30 at night and finished at 2:30. What joy, a commercial steam jenny, a portable truck mounted LOUD!!!!!!! generator.The windows were rattling in my room. I called the front desk. The girl told me she would go check it out. To no avail.The idling truck and it's beautiful reverse alarm beep- beep- beep at 2:30. Guys yelling back and forth. Guess who did not sleep and had to drive? Told the lady at check out and got a boo hoo. I want my evening back. This is a managerial mistake to book these loud procedures during the night. Breakfast was good and included. Freindly staff. Go stand in the restaurant and look at the air ducts. Maybe the cleaning crew should have hit those too? Glasses are left on the table upsidedown. Ours were stuck to the tables. Nice place....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Winston T
Sunil S, Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
We appreciate you taking out the time to write to us. After speaking with my staff, I found out that the cleaning crew arrived later than the scheduled time, and they still proceeded to continue their service. I have spoken to the vendor to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast. We hope to accommodate you in the future with more updated rooms. Plans are on the way to upgrade our rooms with new beds and flat-screen TV's.

Travellers are raving about these Groton hotels

Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here for only one night, delaying our return home to Massachusetts until our power was back on after the big February snowstorm last weekend. So this was a last minute decision and we were glad we made it. The rooms are beautiful and big. Our room had a flat screen TV, table and chairs, upholstered chair and footrest, and a king-sized bed. We also had a fridge and microwave. There is a restaurant and bar off of the lobby so we had dinner there and we enjoyed a Valentine's Special Dinner-for-two. The breakfast the next morning was the best we had on our trip (three weeks away).The staff was friendly and efficient. The price was excellent (a mid-week special from Hotelcoupons.com).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you stopped for the last day on your way home. It was a safe move to make with BLIZZARD NEMO! The Valentine's special was fun! When you want a short trip away from home please call and we will be happy to see you again.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I got our room, 48 hours before a trip to Connecticut for a CCR concert at Foxwoods, on Priceline. The entire staff: desk, upstairs, and breakfast were all very friendly and welcoming. Checking out tripadvisor, I was very impressed by Nancie's comments to each reviewer whether good or poor. I wanted to personally compliment her, but she was not at the desk at the time.
The rooms upstairs are a bit dated, but the rug was clean and new looking. The only minor complaint we had was we could hear snoring from the adjacent room through the door between the rooms. Ear plugs solved that for me, my wife could sleep through almost anything.
The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. BTW, so was the concert!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
NancieK, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for taking time to write after your stay. I heard you were looking for me however I was stuck on a conference call when they slipped that note in front of me and you were on your way by the time I was done! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Watch too as sometimes we have special discounts for some of the concerts, if you show your ticket receipts. When that happens last minute it is on the web site blog.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
Ramada Groton
Ramada Groton
#8 of 14 in Groton

Been to Groton Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!