“This is a hotel which is committed to guest satisfaction”
Review of Ramada Groton

Ramada Groton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Most reviews written about hotels deal with things like cleanliness, decor, amenities, etc. However, as all travelers know, sometimes things go wrong during a stay and then what matters most is how responsive the hotel's management is to your issue. I have stayed at the Ramada Groton on numerous occasions, and I've always enjoyed my stay there. (You can read my previous "five circle" review on Trip Advisor from about two years ago.) However, on my most recent reservation at this hotel, the person who took my reservation mistakenly forgot to mention that the indoor swimming pool was closed for renovations, which I discovered only once we arrived. Since I was travelling with my two children who were practically in their swimsuit prior to arrival, this was a major issue for me.

I subsequently had to scramble to find another hotel at the last minute, which wasn't easy since I was also travelling with our two small dogs. A week later, I reached out to the hotel management, to let them know of the inconvenience that had been caused, and I am pleased to say the management at this hotel was VERY responsive to my issue. They promptly offered to comp a future stay, and they did so with a very obvious concern for my satisfaction and a genuine regret for the hassle I had encountered.

Whether you are staying at a $60/night hotel or a $600/night hotel, it's important to know that the management has a concern for your satisfaction, and I can whole-heartedly say that the management of the Ramada Groton has proven this on their part. As a traveller, I appreciate this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Ramada_Gr0t0n, Manager at Ramada Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear JustCNNew England...Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We would also like to thank you for understanding that occasionally things do not go as planned and when that happens it is upon us to fix it to the best of our ability...so thank you for giving us the chance to do so in this instance. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada_Gr0t0n, Manager at Ramada Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

A Wyndham traveler
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived at hotel at 10:30 at night with two kids. Both kids were so tired that we decided to stay even thought the room looked like it belong in a third world country. The hotel stinks of curry. Not great!
The rooms are ok. Our windows were broken and the bathroom door would not close. The bathroom had a drip all night and it was like having Chinese torture all night. We did not get any sleep. The room smelled of curry and mold.
Breakfast was really blend. Eggs tasted like rubber and they only had eggs as a hot choice and bagels, cereal and old pastries.
Like I said, because of our two kids, we didn't leave until morning.
We were told we could have a suite, but magically, the suite was rented out as soon as we had our bags packed and ready to move. Then, they wanted us to wait until 11 for another room. We decided to leave and get something else.
We got charged for mold, sleepless night, and blend food.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Flcktgjskwgr...Thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to share a review of your stay with us...we regret you were disappointed. Your feedback and opinions are important to us and appreciated. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada_Gr0t0n, Manager at Ramada Groton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 14 in Groton

Been to Ramada Groton? Share your experiences!