“Had lunch here”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Tempe
“Had lunch here”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My Mom and I were in the neighborhood and she wanted to get some gift certificates here so we stayed for a quick bite. The service was good and the food also was good. Only thing is that we were seated in the bar and there were a few yokels who were getting loud...

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tutana

New York
“Voting with my feet”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have been to the Stone House a number of times and enjoyed the food and the service. Cannot say any of it was exceptional but it was well prepared, tasty and well severed.
Today's meal of a Tomato bisque was somewhat flavorful but really nothing I would recommend. The salmon cakes were truly bad. Being a woodworker I have eaten sawdust with more flavor and better texture. Service? Had to ask for the bread and our server only returned to check on us after we had almost completed eating. Yes I did eat it all-- I do not waste food.
My Vote --with my feet-- will not return. Many better close by.

• Visited May 2014
New Haven, Connecticut
“Sad. Just sad.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Stone House has been sort of a family meeting place for years. What happened in the last year??? Hostess was not really what you'd call 'friendly'. Food was just horrid. Cold. Overpriced. Just sad. Returned my appetizer because it was cold - came back microwaved, so the dish was scalding hot, but the food was still cold and the shrimp tasted like rubber bands. (who microwaves shrimp???) Don't know why the chef called it 'mojito' shrimp - it was bland, dry and had no discernible signs of either lime or mint. It was supposed to be served on a 'white bean ragout' which turned out to be so tight and mushy, it was more like 'white bean hummus'. Companions had fried fish platter - also cold and rubbery and sauteed calamari with kalamata olives, which, thankfully, was nicely prepared and closer to hot. I opted for PEI mussels for my main. Saffron broth was delicate with a nice aroma and had the perfect amount of fennel, and the mussels were plump and fresh, but cold! Server was pleasant and did her best to remedy the problems with the food. But the kitchen was just waaay off. We met at TSH after my companions had driven five hours from up north. One of them is a former Guilford local and was really looking forward to our visit. I felt really awful about having suggested we meet there. For an early, rainy Wednesday evening, you'd expect the kitchen to get a few simple dishes out hot. Disappointing. I think they have a LOT of work to do before the summer rush. I really wanted to rate The Stone House with two stars. I gave them a third out of loyalty for all the years I've had really good food and service. Hope they get their act together. Soon.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank FlickChick13
Connecticut
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently had the pleasure of going there to a private party. The hors d'oeuvres were fantastic and the wait staff very attentive. I intend on going back and having dinner. By the way, the town is really pretty so I may walk around for a few hours.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GadaboutConnecticut
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“One of Guilford's best restaurants is worth a visit.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Experience a place locals enjoy for good quality and excellent service. Seafood is fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is pleasant but often noisy. Still, it is my favorite Guilford restaurant. Try mussels in the bar.

• Visited August 2013