“Totally sucked but wait staff was excellent”
Review of Splash - CLOSED

Splash
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2011

For my experiance I got the mediterranean melt with fries the panini was soggy and the fries must have been dying on the heat lamp and way to thin the paper they put on the "dishes" got soggy and I found more paper in my mouth then there was on the dishes one positive thing is the waitress I had was very nice and attentive but I was creeped out by the older man running around the dinning room giving children these crappy "games" you could also hear this wretched yelling coming from the kitchen which made my meal a dissapointment one star

4  Thank papajohn69
splashguilford, Owner at Splash, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Obviously no one wants to read about or have one bad experience at their business. The difficulty for me as the owner is when Customers vent on line instead of raising a service or quality concern with their server at the time of service so that the issue could easily and expediently be rectified and addressed. Splash is the kind of restaurant where one or more owners are available and accessible every moment of the day. We are open 18 hours per day and there is always an owner on site.

Splash Guilford has sold, in the few short months of being open, 5,457. The Mediterranean Panini is one of the most popular sandwiches, and we have never had another complaint about it. It is made of wood fire grilled Portabello mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, onion, roasted red peppers, eggplant, Provolone cheese and our home made Basil Aioli. The sandwich is meticulously crafted and served in a basket lined with red check deli paper. We encourage you to try this very popular sandwich again.

A paging system has been implemented so that food going out to the bar is expediently delivered.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

We had burgers and salad which were very good and reasonable priced. We had great time until we ordered 3 espressos, which tasted really bad. When we complained about it the owner came out and started to yell at us saying that it is a Starbucks brand espresso and should be excellent and even give us some beans to prove it. We actually looked at the beans and they were not fresh (probably opened the bag long time ago). We spent $200 on this dinner for 3 adults and 2 kids so it would have been nice not to ruin our evening by the owner. So if you do not like to complain about anything you could have great time but get ready for the angry owner!

9  Thank Piros22
Reviewed 21 December 2010

There were six of us going to this newly opened place. The first thing was the seating that was a bit odd so we re did that. Beer choices were limited and expensive. Food was reasonably priced. Clam chowder was tasty but way too salty. One of us prdered a burger that looked fantastic but they forgot some items on it. One of us had a wait for a while for their dish when all others were served. Clearing of the tables was painfully slow. Overall most of us enjoyed the meal. Guilford area is slim pickins and I had higher hopes for a decent burger/pub joint. This ain't it. Nicley decorated though...

4  Thank jcharisman