“Nice little restaurant in hidden location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rancheros Mexican Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
New Haven, Connecticut
“Nice little restaurant in hidden location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We live in town and this was the first visit. Did not even know the restaurant was here. Most restaurants in Guilford and the surrounding towns are excellent, so the bar is high.
I like that this place has a simple menu. I am always leary of restuarants that have huge menus. How can they possibly cook all those different meals? The answer is that they microwave frozen dinners like Cheesecake Factory in the mall. So appreciate that Ranchos Mexican Bistro does not have a 10 page menu and the food
that our party received was great.

If you eat inside, the restaurant is nicely decorated. There is a patio also if you prefer.
We will be return customers.

The food was freshly prepared and tasted great. Proper sized portions. I didn't leave anything on the plate, but did not walk out hungry or feeling stuffed.

Visited July 2013

Guilford, Connecticut
“no sabor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Decided to try Rancheros for dinner and was dissappointed after reading several reviews claiming it was authentic latin cuisine. Certainly a friendly staff and inviting atmosphere but that does not make up for the poor quality of food which lacks any flavor whatsoever. Dishes are served with sides of dried out rice and even their salsas which appear to be house made are absolutely flavorless. I was dumbfounded. One plus, is their selection of several types of beer from latin countries. Skip it.

• Visited May 2013
Guilford, Connecticut
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have lunch or dinner here quite often. The food is always fresh and delicious. It's not the typical tex-mex but always delicious.

• Visited October 2012
Connecticut
“Nice place for a quick fresh mexican style lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Like the decor and food, outdoor seating as well. All enjoyed their lunch meal, lunch specials every day!

Visited August 2011
CT
“Quality Mexican food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have been here twice, and both times have loved what I ordered. The first time, I had the special soup - Butternut Squash - that had an excellent taste and little kick at the end. Really enjoyed it. For dinner, I had the chicken burrito. So fresh tasting. This last time, I had the chicken tostadas which I've never had before. Not only was the presentation wonderful, they were delicious. Oh, and there's something about their chips. I normally don't love tortilla chips, but these are crispy and delightful.

The place is small - only about 5 tables or so, but I like that. It's not fancy - but I liked that too. I believe the gentleman who waited on us both times is one of the owners as well, and he's very friendly and helpful. I hope more people find out about this place - it really is good. And it's nice to go somewhere where you know the food will be good, the service will be friendly, and you can relax.

• Visited January 2012