“Convenient and Comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Guilford
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Convenient and Comfortable”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is is a great place to stay in this part of New England. It is within easy distance of US 1 and I-95, but enough distant to avoid the gridlock associated with those two highways. It took a while for us to discover this motel, but once found, we have been regulars for many years. We have been impressed by the continuous effort to keep the building up to date in terms of both the facility and the service provided. Our most recent visit included a need to change our itinerary and our arrival in the midst of a record "torrential" rainfall. Both Elizabeth and Bob on the front desk provided us with a super welcome and with assistance in unloading. This type of personal service has been a hallmark of our visits and will keep us coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Upper floors are nice and afford views of the Post Road or the woods.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Geauga County, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Traveling with another couple with overnight stay on 5/19/13. Hotel very convenient, clean, comfortable. Hotel provided express check-out and charged our credit cards. On close inspection found a $1.50 + tax had been charged to my credit card for the "in-room safe". Traveling companions also charged. I complained to the front desk and was told by the clerk it is hotel policy to charge all guests and if they don't use the safe they must bring it to the hotel's attention for credit, which I received. I suspect most travelers don't even realize that there are these little additional charges and pay it. This was the second day in a row, at 2 separate locations of this hotel chain, that this charge has been added.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MunsonTraveler
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had avoided staying at Comfort Inn in Guilford because of the proximity to the New England Thruway (I-95) and US Route 1, figuring the traffic noise would be a problem. On a recent trip we elected to stay there becuse it was far more convenient than another hotel in Branford, and were well-rewarded for our time. It was comfortable, quiet, CLEAN, and with attentive but not intrusive staff. Breakfast (included) was fine. Our four night stay was convenient, comfortable, and restful. Hotel construction appeared to be wood-frame (not masonry) so sounds from other rooms were occasionally heard - we do not consider this a problem, but you should know what to expect.

Room Tip: Of course rooms in the back (away from the highways) are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A business trip to Guilford, CT brought me to this Comfort Inn. It was small but comfortable. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Has many questions on where to eat, shop and get the flavor of the area and I was given many suggestions which I was able to check out in the two night stay. The rooms were clean, large and a small area in the entry served refreshments 24/7 and continental breakfast in the morning. Enjoyed my stay in Guilford and would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Long Island, Ny
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed two nights over the presidents holiday weekend. I was there for business. We stayed here last year as well and found it really is quite perfect for a quick stay. The breakfast was more than adequate, the hotel is clean and quiet. The staff is accommodating.
Of course, not luxury by any means, but they have flat screen tvs , and wireless, and everything was good enough for us. Convenient off I 95.

Room Tip: ask for the rear of the building which is away from the traffic on boston post rd.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank redheadLongIsland_Ny
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I was looking for a hotel for one night along I-95 in CT near New Haven and ended up at the Comfort Inn in Guilford. As others have pointed out, the lobby is very small and first you have to walk through the area where breakfast is provided in the mornings. However, as you'd expect, the hotel wasn't very crowded so the smallness of the lobby is not a great issue. The room was decent size and both the room and the bathroom were clean. The heater was a bit noisy so I turned down the heat so it wouldn't come on as much, but that didn't work as there weren't really any blankets on the bed to speak of. The other issue is that the only electrical outlets by the bed are the ones behind a nightstand so if you, like me, use your cell phone as your alarm clock you have to pull out the nightstand, reach behind it, and unplug either the light or the hotel clock. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary breakfast. Do skip the cooked part as the scrambled eggs were not touched by any seasoning whatsoever, but there is a perfectly decent selection of bread, with the usual jam, cream cheeses, butter, etc, and surprisingly good coffee. If you're looking for a place to kip down for a night on your way down I-95 in CT, this hotel is decent value.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SLJack
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were attending a funeral and could not take the time to change hotels; because, I would otherwise certainly have done so. This particular hotel is definitely not up to the standards of the Comfort Inn chain, which I believe are generally good hotels. Our first negative impression was the lobby, which is very small and made even more crowded as they crammed in a few tables and chairs for their so-called complimentary breakfast. Our room was small and dated. The sink drained slowly and when I pulled up the stopper it oozed with slimy black mold (later somewhat killed with bleach after I cornered a housekeeper). The carpet was soiled in spots, as was the comforter. A dead spider greeted my wife when she used the ice machine, etc., etc., etc. Adding insult to injury, they are one of the most expensive hotels in that stretch of the Connecticut shoreline. Never again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LouTag32082

Travellers are raving about these Guilford hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilford
Tower Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!