Comfort Inn
US$69
RodewayInn
US$99
US$97
Americas Best Value Inn(Branford)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$76
US$141
US$137
HIExpress.com
All reviewsboston post roadfront deskdecent propertywaffle bartwo nightsfirst floornew carpetingmain roadplace to staybusiness tripbagelsrestaurants and shoppingone night stayfree breakfastthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againcoffee maker
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was disappointed not to be recognized as a Platinum member of Choice Hotels. I would rate this as just as average motel. Was somewhat disappointed by the breakfast area and the ever watchful eyes of the lady at the desk. If a youngster headed towards the waffle iron or the juice dispenser she was right around the desk to ensure they didn't spill or do something 'wrong'. Also they had a single mile container - that was not labeled - was whole? 1%? 2%? Fat free? It should be labeled and they should offer a choice in milk. Also the rear door - card entry required - was left open - stuck on the mat - security??

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel surpassed any reservations I may have had based on the great price we paid. The hotel was clean, the showers hot and the beds comfortable. The employees were helpful and kind. The breakfast was a great surprise! Hot coffee and tea, fruit, hard boiled and scrambled eggs(although they were dry), breakfast sausage, cereal, bagels, English muffins, juice and a fresh, hot waffle maker. Just off I-95 on Rt 1 (Post rd) and we never heard a peep. Well worth the stay and we will stay here again when nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I chose to stay at the Comfort Inn Guilford last week because I had an important business meeting in the vicinity. I arrived at the hotel around 4 PM and it seemed as if I was the only guest there. The outside of the property seemed to be well-kept and looked "home-like" to me. Then, I walked inside and immediately encountered an issue. I opened the front door and almost ran into a luggage cart. One or two luggage carts were clearly blocking the entrance to one door. To me, that is a safety hazard and I wonder what the fire marshal would have to say about an entrance being blocked? So, besides the cart in the way, the lobby and hallways reeked of paint and there was no front desk agent in sight. After a few minutes, an agent came to the desk. She did not appear to be in uniform, did not verify details regarding my stay, nor did she inform me well of hotel services and amenities available.
I had a room on the first floor. It had a decent sized bathroom, two double beds, microwave, fridge, and small desk with chairs. The best part about the room and bathroom was that it was very clean. I never found dirt or a stray hair anywhere and all of the linens were clean. I greatly appreciated this aspect of the property and was thoroughly pleased. Also, housekeeping cleaned my room in a timely manner. On the other hand, the shower had lots of hot water, but the water pressure was terrible. In addition, I had problems with the heat in my room. I had turned the heat on to a comfortable temperature to begin. I had left my room and upon my return, the temperature had risen a few degrees and was as hot as a sauna. And, as a side note, I am always cold, so for me to complain that my room was like a sauna, it must have been very hot. The smell of paint that I mentioned earlier did not exist within the room, thankfully. Not surprisingly, though, my hotel room door was recently painted and did not look good. In fact, it was the worst paint job I have ever seen...smudges, streaks, drips, etc. The presentation of the door does not matter much, but I noticed this imperfection. Lastly, I found the bed to be quite uncomfortable.
Furthermore, I did not take advantage of the free breakfast. It is available from 6 to 10 AM. I believe it had cereals, waffles, juice, coffee, and fruit. Not a huge selection like I have seen at other limited-service properties, but hey, its free so guests shouldn't complain too much. The hotel also has a business center, valet laundry, and free newspapers daily. Additionally, the property has free WiFi, which is much appreciated. The WiFi was speedy, too. Even so, I would say that the property is conveniently located to I-95, gas stations, small restaurants, grocery store, and Wal-Mart. Plus, the beach is only about a 10 minute drive away.
When it was time for me to check out, I waited probably about five minutes until someone acknowledged me at the front desk. The front desk agent was trying to staff the front desk and clean breakfast dishes at the same time. I think the hotel should consider staffing both a breakfast attendant and a front desk agent for better guest satisfaction. But then again, the hotel appeared to only have a maximum of about 10 other guests staying there, so I can see the manager/owner being reluctant to add to his or her labor costs by adding another worker, when in fact, the hotel is just trying to break even. It puzzles me how this property can stay in business with such low occupancy percentages.
All in all, I think there are quite a few things that the Comfort Inn needs to improve upon before I return. That being said, most likely, I will try another property upon return to the area. I would like to find a better value.

Room Tip: If you don't use your in-room safe, ask for the automatic safe charges to be removed from your bill at check out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Traveler0714
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We usually stay at the Old Saybrook Comfort Inn but because we needed to be in New Haven, we decided to stay at this one. Its in a great location right off the highway, clean, comfortable bedding, delicious breakfast, friendly staff etc. All good but unfortunately we were able to hear a man and woman in the room above us talking and moving around at night. Plus it sounded like there were children running and jumping up and down in the upstairs hallway and in the morning we clearly heard the conversation of people talking on their way to breakfast.

We have never encountered this type of problem at the Comfort Inn in Old Saybrook and rarely when staying at other hotel brands. It was unexpected and made our stay less than satisfactory. We would have asked for another room but we had already retired for the night and just decided to put up with it. But next time we'll drive a bit further to the Old Saybrook hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We needed a place close to my parents as we were on our one year anniversary night out and they took our 8 month old for the night. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly desk woman. She checked us right in and I was greatly surprised at how spacious the room was and we were facing the back so no noise from the street! The bed was nice, nothing incredibly special except the pillows were very comfy and a king is nice to stretch out on. Clean and well kept place. The morning breakfast is a full breakfast with eggs ( I wouldnt recommend they come out of a bag?!) Eww. The bacon was good and so were the belgium waffles everything is self serve but we did not expect a pampering just something nice and for the AAA price which is actually better than most travel sites was good for our budget at 85.50 a night. I give this Comfort Inn a overall great rating! They even provided us with a knife to cut our cake top as tradition for one year anniversary! Check out was smooth and just as nice a desk lady in the morning.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back as Rt. 1 can be noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple