“Very nice staff in clean, well-priced hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Guilford
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel while in Guilford for a wedding. While the hotel itself is a standard relatively new Comfort Inn, it was the staff that stood out. They were helpful and friendly with numerous requests. I would also add that the price (about $90 after tax) was reasonable. The free wi-fi was great.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2010

This is the place to have a sleepover from a busy tourist driving day: not very noisy (if your room's on the back side), fresh air and good sleep quality. But definitely not a place to stay: breakfasts are only the word of it, front desk service is apathetic and sometimes even mean, internet works only halfway, etc. etc. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone going for a long trip, since all this aforementioned, it also has a considerable distance from the ocean.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My sister and I recently made a one night stop at the Comfort Inn. We got to the motel earlier than noon and though we could not get into our room we were checked in and given our keys with no problem. We had family to meet so this gave us peace of mind that we could spend as long as we liked with family and know our room was there when we needed it. The room was a great value for the price of $99 a night. Everything was clean and nice. The bathroom was actually quite large as if it may have been a handicapped room. The beds were very comfortable with nice linens. I was surprised to find the room had wireless internet which made me happy i had my laptop with me. Overall this was quite a nice stay and the room was a great place to come back to.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2010

This Comfort Inn is always a good stay for me. It's basic like all Comfort Inns so don't expect the Ritz, but everything is always very clean and well kept. The room was comfortable as was the bed. The property can't be more than a few years old as everything looks very nice. It's right off of the highway so the location is convenient as well, and easy to get to. My only complaint is that the wireless internet was a bit on the slow side for my tastes, but then, what free hotel wireless isn't? No pets and the entire hotel is non-smoking, just FYI.

All around, very nice and clean and I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2009

It is a sad testament to hotels in this area that this is the second best hotel or motel in the area. We visit family in Branford and typically stay at the Holiday Inn. That was full, and we ended up here. The rooms were clean and the motel provided what is expected of a roadside motel. The price was slightly high for the product, but that can be attributed to the high cost in the region. On the negative side, the room we had was a cavernous converted conference room next to a very loud elevator. (Who ever heard of a room with no bedside table?) Avoid Room 212.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Property looks brand new, but apparently has been open for a couple of years. Very clean, well maintained. Had a great stay. Convenient location to restaurants and sites.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed here for three days as part of our vacation and I must say this may be the nicest Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in. Very very clean, very nice and helpful staff. You have to remember it is what it is...if you come here expecting the Hilton you will be disappointed. However, if you want a clean, comfortable room, a hot shower and a smile when you check in, then this is the place for you.
The only reason I give it a 4 instead of 5 is the continental breakfast left a little to be desired (scrambled eggs, but no bacon or sausage??), and the beds could have been a bit more comfortable. Otherwise, if you need a centrally located, reasonably priced hotel in the Guilford/West Haven area, then this is where you need to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilford
Tower Inn & Suites
Tower Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Guilford
Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Guilford
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven
Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!