“Very nice hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Guilford
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Me and my kids loves this hotel. Nice and very clean. friendly staff and nice breakfast. very safe area . General manager is a very nice person . love to stay again and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in order to do a cancer walk at Hammonassett State Park. The hotel was very convenient to the state park -- just down the road a few miles. Though nothing special, the room was clean and well kept. There was some sort of stain on the bed cover that I could have done without, but other than that it was fine. We went to a diner across the street that was pretty good as far as diners go. The staff was very helpful. We were staying overnight one night there and the next night in Saugus Massachusetts and I had mistakenly booked the hotel for the wrong night. I called them about 6:00 p.m. on the night of our stay when I realized what I had done and they changed the room over to the correct night, no questions asked. They had coffee and tea available all night long in the lobby which I appreciated since I frequently wake up in the middle of the night. They also served a nice little breakfast including fruit, cereal, muffins, juice and danish. They also had a little station where you could make your own waffle. The area where the food was, was well maintained and clean. My only real concern was that because I couldn't sleep (not because of the bed but because I always wake up in the middle of the night), I went outside around 4 a.m. When I went back in around 4:30, the gentleman at the desk was gone. When I went to our room on the second floor, he was placing bills under people's doors. This bothered me a bit in that no one was manning the front desk and the front doors to the hotel were unlocked so anyone could have come in. It would seem that security should have been taken a little more seriously as anyone watching or staying at the hotel would notice this pattern. Of course, it was off season for this hotel so they were probably trying to cut down on staff.

All in all, it was an enjoyable stay considering that the room rates were not that high.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaureenConnecticut
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel while in Guilford for a wedding. While the hotel itself is a standard relatively new Comfort Inn, it was the staff that stood out. They were helpful and friendly with numerous requests. I would also add that the price (about $90 after tax) was reasonable. The free wi-fi was great.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2010

This is the place to have a sleepover from a busy tourist driving day: not very noisy (if your room's on the back side), fresh air and good sleep quality. But definitely not a place to stay: breakfasts are only the word of it, front desk service is apathetic and sometimes even mean, internet works only halfway, etc. etc. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone going for a long trip, since all this aforementioned, it also has a considerable distance from the ocean.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My sister and I recently made a one night stop at the Comfort Inn. We got to the motel earlier than noon and though we could not get into our room we were checked in and given our keys with no problem. We had family to meet so this gave us peace of mind that we could spend as long as we liked with family and know our room was there when we needed it. The room was a great value for the price of $99 a night. Everything was clean and nice. The bathroom was actually quite large as if it may have been a handicapped room. The beds were very comfortable with nice linens. I was surprised to find the room had wireless internet which made me happy i had my laptop with me. Overall this was quite a nice stay and the room was a great place to come back to.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2010

This Comfort Inn is always a good stay for me. It's basic like all Comfort Inns so don't expect the Ritz, but everything is always very clean and well kept. The room was comfortable as was the bed. The property can't be more than a few years old as everything looks very nice. It's right off of the highway so the location is convenient as well, and easy to get to. My only complaint is that the wireless internet was a bit on the slow side for my tastes, but then, what free hotel wireless isn't? No pets and the entire hotel is non-smoking, just FYI.

All around, very nice and clean and I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2009

It is a sad testament to hotels in this area that this is the second best hotel or motel in the area. We visit family in Branford and typically stay at the Holiday Inn. That was full, and we ended up here. The rooms were clean and the motel provided what is expected of a roadside motel. The price was slightly high for the product, but that can be attributed to the high cost in the region. On the negative side, the room we had was a cavernous converted conference room next to a very loud elevator. (Who ever heard of a room with no bedside table?) Avoid Room 212.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilford
Tower Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!