“What Surprise ! ! !”

Centro Pizza
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Guilford
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We have passed this restaurant many times in the past and not gone in. We always thought it was just pizza. Now we found out different. They have a small menu and it's a good one. I chose the chicken parm. To my surprise it was excellent, only complaint would be they did drain the spaghetti a little better as it was wartery. My wife had linguine and vegetables which she said was 'excellent.' Our waitress was one of the best we have had in a long time, she took care to fill our order just the way we asked. All that at a decent price. ? Only slight complaint we could make is it's noisy but we'll be back soon and often anyway..

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Centro's appeared out of nowehre on the Green in Guilford, CT in 2012. Have already been there many times. Nice Italian-based menu, with an accent on Pizza. Fair prices. Always clean and friendly. Quality of food is very good. They support local business by carrying the Foxon soda brand - not very good - but it is local. We have had both pizza and traditional italian dishes and have never been dissapointed. Give it a try!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Found this by chance last month having never been to Guilford before but as lovers of pizza, thought we would try it. Yes, there is a lot of garlic on the pizza and it is GREAT! Went back today for a second time - had the spicy meatball and eggplant pizza again and it was delicious! Never had a better crust anywhere, and I have been eating pizza for a long time! No grease, just yummy stuff! We live over an hour away but will go back for sure.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

But I like the crust. my kids are always happy with their pie. A better beer/wine selection would help. Good place for kids. Great location downtown Guilford. Servers are a mixed bag. Nice people, just okay service. Manager with glasses nice guy.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My wife and I are from a town adjacent to Guilford and were driving around the Guilford Green looking for a casual place to eat on a summer Sunday late afternoon. We saw Centro Pizza and its pretty exterior and decided to stop. We had not been here before and found out that it had actually been open only a couple of months. It has a freshly done interior with tables and booths spread out enough that you don't feel like you a part of someone else's party. The large windows allow for many tables to have a view of the historic Guilford Green which is a lawned and treed area of a couple of acres in the middle of the town. Very pretty.
The restaurant has maybe 20 tables and booths. About 1/4 were full when we arrived and maybe a 1/3 full when we left. We were greeted quickly and offered a booth which we took and found to be quite comfortable (as opposed to uncomfortable booths at other restaurants). Our waitress approached quickly asking if we would like drinks. We told her were "first timers" and asked her to describe the menu choices that most frequently ordered. Pizza is big item here and about half the patrons, several with small children, had pizza's of various types. This is a family friendly place where casual dress, i.e shorts, are fine.
But, Centro Pizza's menu also included a good selection of typical Italian dishes from subs to more the elaborate. I noticed that they had an appetizer of "New York" style calamari which is fried calamari with some red sauce and bits of hot peppers. I love spicy calamari so I ordered that and just a sausage sub with cheese and peppers. My wife ordered chicken parmigiana which came with a small salad and a good sized side of ziti in sauce. Fresh Italian bread and butter were part of the meal.
The calamari were excellent, among the best I have ever had.! Lightly fried, rolled in red sauce, and with just enough hot peppers to make you keep going go for a water extinguisher. My sub was also excellent as was my wife's dinner.
Service was very good with both our waitress and bus-persons attending to, but not hawking over, our table. The friendly manager, Rob, stopped by a couple of times asking how we enjoyed the various parts of our meal. It was nice chatting with him. He mentioned that they do a pretty brisk pizza-to-go business.
Our bill was $45 and included a shared lemon sorbet ($6, served in a frozen lemon - yum!) for desert but no alcoholic drinks. Calamari was $12, parmigiana was $13, sub was $9. I suggested to the manager that they consider making the calamari an entree. The appetizer size portion would have been fine for two wanting that appetizer.
Over all a great meal with good service and nice atmosphere. We will be back again, soon, and will recommend it to friends.

1  Thank eongcn

Been to Centro Pizza? Share your experiences!