“Great Pizza....laugh at the salad”
Review of Bufalina

Bufalina
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Guilford
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We ordered take out from Bufalina this past weekend, which included the Bufalina, Polpette, and Tre Carne along with a salad. They are small pizza's, about 12 inches, which is enough for about 2 people. We ordered three pizza and a salad for four people, which came to $58. The amount of pizza was more than enough. The crust is slightly charred but soft in the middle. It is slightly thicker towards the end, so this is not exactly like new haven style pizza, but very good. The ingredients on the pizza are fresh and vibrant, with no traces of excess grease which would indicate a cheaper ingredient. The stand out for me was the sauce, which had a vibrant tomato flavor which was not bogged down with spices and sugar. The buffalo mozzarella on the bufalina was almost non existent. It did not look like the white medalions you would typically see (what is pictured on the website), rather they melted to a point where you could barely see or taste them. I believe this to be an indicate they were very thin pieces. The prices are a bit high ($12-16) but for the quality it is well worth it to true food lovers. To my parents, who told me they could get a large pizza for 1/4 the price, it was not their cup of tea. However, I love this kind of stuff, so I did not mind the extra costs. My only true complaint about this place was the salad. The dressing was tasted of fresh lemons and the house made crutons were very flavorful and crunchy. However the salad itslef was honestly a handful of mixed greens. All together the salad was very tasty but it barely filled up one salad bowl. And for $8 the place should honestly be ashamed to have served that. I would be suprised if the cost of the ingreadient were 75 cents. For $8 I was expecting a very large salad that could feed more than 1 person. Everyone at the house honestly laughed when we opened it seeing how it cost $8. It would have gone a long way to double the amount of lettuce in the salad. But being this was the only negative point, I will definitely try the pizza again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

With such limited seating, I hate to share my comments about this place as I'm afraid it will soon be impossible to get it! We just ate here for the 4th time, and each visit has been such a fun experience. Let alone that the pizza's are incredible, the whole atmosphere is like a trip to somewhere special. We always end up in conversation with the people next to us (because they're really next to you) and we feel like we're at a casual dinner party. People come and go for take out, seems like they're all regulars and know the owners, Matt and Melissa. BYOB makes it even more fun and affordable.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The fig and speck pizza is tremendous. The atmosphere is cozy. great in the winter. but really hot inside in summer. we take out from here often and it's always consistent

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The choices are not the usual (thank gawd). Some pizzas stay on the menu (thank gawd for tre carne) while others are seasonal but every one we've tried have been really really good.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Like having a wood fired oven in your kitchen. Super friendly and excellent, authentic gourmet pizza made with real italian 00 pizza flour.

Been to Bufalina? Share your experiences!