“Greenwich Village in Guilford, CT”
Review of Bufalina

Bufalina
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Guilford
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Guilford, Connecticut
“Greenwich Village in Guilford, CT”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been to Bufalina on quite a few occasions and the pizza never disappoints. It reminds me of similar restaurants in Greenwich Village. I have ordered various pizzas and each one is better than the next all cooked in their fantastic wood burning oven. The staff is super friendly and very helpful and the owners are wonderful. The only issue is the small size of the restaurant so make a reservation. Spring and summer are easier as they have outdoor seating; enjoy!

• Visited February 2014

east lyme, ct
“tiny joint”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

sweet couple make the pies in front of you. with a smile and great ingredients. They seasonally change their pies and they are terrific. Great date spot if you can get a seat

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lawarence G
New Haven, Connecticut
“rustic pizza”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This tiny space is served with a wood fired oven and produces a lovely smoky hand formed piazza about 12" in diameter. The menu offers about 10 seasonal combinations and there was a daily special. The staff appeared quite willing to alter or customize your selection. Seating is at a small counter area that seats 10 or a window seat for two more. In nice weather there are picnic tables out back. Reservations are essential or takeout by calling ahead.
ingredients are very fresh and well cared for - joying was left out to dry. The restaurant was very clean but more serviceable than comfortable. The owners cook with precision and happiness. The crust was thin crunchy and the cheeses fragrant. Tomato sauce was clean and bright.
I liked it here since I had reserved had a seat. There is no comfortable place to wait if necessary.
There is no bar - soda or water are your drinks. Cash or credit cards. Plates are high quality ceramic that at first appear to be paper. Some condiments are available.

• Visited September 2013
Coventry, Connecticut
“Great Pizza....laugh at the salad”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We ordered take out from Bufalina this past weekend, which included the Bufalina, Polpette, and Tre Carne along with a salad. They are small pizza's, about 12 inches, which is enough for about 2 people. We ordered three pizza and a salad for four people, which came to $58. The amount of pizza was more than enough. The crust is slightly charred but soft in the middle. It is slightly thicker towards the end, so this is not exactly like new haven style pizza, but very good. The ingredients on the pizza are fresh and vibrant, with no traces of excess grease which would indicate a cheaper ingredient. The stand out for me was the sauce, which had a vibrant tomato flavor which was not bogged down with spices and sugar. The buffalo mozzarella on the bufalina was almost non existent. It did not look like the white medalions you would typically see (what is pictured on the website), rather they melted to a point where you could barely see or taste them. I believe this to be an indicate they were very thin pieces. The prices are a bit high ($12-16) but for the quality it is well worth it to true food lovers. To my parents, who told me they could get a large pizza for 1/4 the price, it was not their cup of tea. However, I love this kind of stuff, so I did not mind the extra costs. My only true complaint about this place was the salad. The dressing was tasted of fresh lemons and the house made crutons were very flavorful and crunchy. However the salad itslef was honestly a handful of mixed greens. All together the salad was very tasty but it barely filled up one salad bowl. And for $8 the place should honestly be ashamed to have served that. I would be suprised if the cost of the ingreadient were 75 cents. For $8 I was expecting a very large salad that could feed more than 1 person. Everyone at the house honestly laughed when we opened it seeing how it cost $8. It would have gone a long way to double the amount of lettuce in the salad. But being this was the only negative point, I will definitely try the pizza again.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Connecticut
“OMG Pizza”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

With such limited seating, I hate to share my comments about this place as I'm afraid it will soon be impossible to get it! We just ate here for the 4th time, and each visit has been such a fun experience. Let alone that the pizza's are incredible, the whole atmosphere is like a trip to somewhere special. We always end up in conversation with the people next to us (because they're really next to you) and we feel like we're at a casual dinner party. People come and go for take out, seems like they're all regulars and know the owners, Matt and Melissa. BYOB makes it even more fun and affordable.

• Visited July 2013