“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stopped in based on reviews. It said seat yourself, so we did. We sat there and no one came by. We wondered if we had to go up and order. Then the waitress came by. My husband said we are new here and asked how does it work. The waitress seemed annoyed that she had to explain where the menu was. We ordered one corn and two barbeque chickens. Corn came. It was boring for the price. Then our chicken came on very lonely looking plates. We wondered why they didn't offer a baked potato or coleslaw. Sad to say we left hungry. Overpriced. Outdoor seating on stumps was all that it was worth.

2  Thank katem j

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was burnt. The idea of sitting on wood stumps is cool, but the food honestly sucks. Corn was bla and burnt, chicken burnt and dry, I mean it was horrible.

4  Thank gigicardonita16
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the whole thing , fun with nice people all around ! It was a totally unique experience , the staff was friendly and cheerful and helpful , everyone was having a great time , all our food was delicious , clams , corn , veggie kabob and salmon , would love to go back !!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I probably would have been skeptical of The Place in concept only -- one of the benefits of going out to eat is not having to do anything and it sounded like The Place did the easy part (grilling) while guests do the harder part (preparing salads and side dishes.) But I had heard so much about it that I trusted it would be cool, and it was.

First off, you don't *have* to bring any side dishes; there is enough on the menu for a full meal (e.g. protein + corn.) But the magic is in going to The Place with a large group.

As I'm sure anyone who is reading this review knows, sometimes it's not fun to go out to eat with a large group. It can take forever, there's a lot of sitting, and with some people ordering a lot (especially drinks) and others ordering much less, there can be surprises or awkwardnesses when the bill comes. The Place is a great solution. In our group, everyone brought something -- a salad, a plate of cookies, wine, etc. The seating is very casual so people stood, moved around, etc. and I didn't feel like we were bothering anyone. We ordered clam appetizers and a bunch of corn to share, and everyone ordered their main dish.

The service was prompt, but we were not rushed at all. The food was tasty. I don't like corn much, but this corn was delicious. Our group lingered a while and as there were a few empty tables, didn't feel pressured to leave. The price was very reasonable.

As it was our first time there, others in our group took the lead on some of the details (e.g. cutlery) so I was off the hook for what might have been a bit of a hassle, but given that everyone else had been there before, I can only assume that whatever work goes into it is well worth it.

I would definitely recommend The Place!

1  Thank Allison R
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've been wanting to come for a long time but was concerned about what I'd find at the end of the trip-now I regret not coming sooner! Yes it's rustic but not at all dicey as I'd imagined- The tables & tents are a cheerful red, & every table sports a big green bottle full of wildflowers!! The stumps were cute but we opted for the chairs (note to restaurant, however-the cracked ones need replacing before you lose a patron!). Table service ensured you don't have to queue up in a line for your BBQ . The grilled corn on the cob is to die for-huge, roasty & dripping with butter; we had the ribeye , bluefish, clams special & veggie kabob. Everything had a tasty sauce or seasoning & tasted super fresh. We didn't byob, sides, or table cloths- it's not at all necessary but could be fun the next time around. Yes, there will def be a next time!