“My favorite Indian spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 163 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
North Haven, Connecticut
“My favorite Indian spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I go to Cumin at least once a month! Sometimes twice. The staff is very friendly and the service is great. I never wait long for my food. My favorite is the chicken korma or bangin bharta. Everything I eat there is always good.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jaclyn R

Meriden, Connecticut
“What a Great buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went here to try the lunch buffet and we're really glad that we did. Everything was fresh and hot with nice flavor. Chicken Tiki Masala was very good as was the Nann and Mango Chuney and of course a shared ice cold bottle of Taj. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely returbn

• Visited June 2014
New Haven, Connecticut
“Very good Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Don't let the converted IHOP exterior fool you- the Indian food here is very good and the service is also nice. Once inside, the decor is far from what you would expect. Prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant for someone looking for quality Indian food in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Cheshire, CT
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the old IHOP in Hamden. I expected it to look like the old IHOP on the inside. It didn't. The decor was nice, tasteful and I thought authentic. I felt like I was in an Indian restaurant and not a house of pancakes. The service was EXCELLENT. They filled our water glasses constantly and the staff were all very pleasant and accommodating. Ordered the veggie samosas for an app (never had them). They were good. Different. Ordered the chicken naan. GREAT. The naan was hot and fresh and there was fresh cilantro in it. Delicious. My husb ordered the chicken patia (mango sauce) & I the chicken madras. Both were delicious. I liked his a bit more but then, I like slightly sweet things. The prices were reasonable. Actually quite affordable. Everything was between $11-$15 a plate, I'd say. We would definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2014
North Haven, Connecticut
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I love this resturant. Authentic food fair pricing ...wonderful service..They really cater to the customer..I enjoy going here

Visited January 2014