“Room / Hotel Unclean”

Whitney Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Higganum, CT
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked this last second... About 3 hours before I arrived... I have never seen such small beds? They had to have been doubles.... Heater did not work well at all... Was freezing in the room when we arrived.... Mold all over the inside of the refrigerator, barely any towels... I requested a late check out on Sunday night and was denied... I would not stay here again....

Room Tip: I have no tips
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Perfectly adequate for my needs. Good location near Quinnipiac University and Sleeping Giant Park. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, desk, dresser, TV, queen-size bed. The continental breakfast goes well beyond what I'm used to seeing elsewhere. I had an extended stay there and would use them again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel blew me away on every level! I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for a business trip and I didn't realize that I accidentally reserved our rooms on the first floor until I arrived at the hotel. I asked if it would be possible to move our rooms to the second floor since I heard they were newer and nicer. The staff was so friendly and accommodating and allowed us to do so. The manager, Judy, was incredible. She was just an absolute delight and made us feel so welcome and made sure we were completely comfortable. As for the rooms themselves, they were AMAZING! Seriously, I was so impressed by them. They were super clean, beautifully furnished, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Oh, and I should mention, there is a beautiful view of the Sleeping Giant mountain right across the street too! Overall, it was just a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are amazing. Would highly recommend them. The ones in the back are quieter...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Ive stayed at this hotel 3 times so far this year, as I frequently work sporting events up at Quinnipiac University. First off, its right down the hill from the arena, so proximity is a plus.
The Rooms are comfortable, clean, and there is free hassle free WiFi! I prefer the rooms upstairs, to the ones on street level, simply because I dont feel the need to have to keep the drapes closed all the time.

Staff has been courteous, but I consider myself a very low maintenance guest, so I generally dont have any requests..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 January 2014

nice small property, clean and comfortable, staff very nice will visit Connecticut again and I will be staying here for the value and comfort and location great for where I have to go Price is terrific

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for close to a month while in Hamden on business. Unfortunately there is not a lot nice to say about it. First off, the rooms are small and very cramped. The room I was in had roaches! Most of the staff was not very friendly and frequently acted like you were bothering them when you went to them for assistance. I would not recommend this particular hotel to anyone. I would recommend that if at all possible, avoid it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Hamden hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamden
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
#8 of 12 in New Haven
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford

Been to Whitney Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!