“Lovely setting and hotel.”
Review of Westbourne House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millport
Westbourne House
Ranked #2 of 3 Millport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westbourne for 2 nights; it was our first visit but hopefully won't be our last. Jane and Stuart exchanged friendly communications with us from the time of booking, giving tips on places to eat and so on, and gave us a very warm welcome when we arrived. We had the Wee Cumbrae room which was immaculate, with a very comfortable bed and side sea view over to the room's namesake island. The hotel is set in a peaceful and picturesque corner just outside of Millport but still within a 15 minute walk (or short taxi ride if you prefer!) of the town centre, pubs and restaurants. Breakfasts were tasty with plenty of choice - including vegetarian sausages and smoke salmon with scrambled egg - and the dining room had breathtaking views over to Arran and Bute. We hope to be back one day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate M
jaberGlasgow, Owner at Westbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback on Tripadvisor and choosing Westbourne House for your recent stay.

Hope to see you both soon

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was our third time staying at the Westbourne and we were not disappointed. We had the family room, Bute, which is spacious, stylish and comfortable, with amazing views of the Islands of Bute and Arran. The service by Stuart and Jane is personal yet discreet. Breakfast is delicious and the breakfast room is very grand. Our party consisted of myself (granny), my two grandchildren aged 10 and 7 (their third time at the Westbourne too) and my daughter and her little girl of 13 months (first timers!). There was plenty of room for all of us, although we did bring our own travel cot and "baby stuff". We stayed for three nights and had a great time. This is Cumbrae's hidden gem and I would thoroughly recommend it.

2  Thank Liz D
jaberGlasgow, Owner at Westbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Thank you for posting your positive feedback on Trip Advisor and choosing Westbourne House for your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay.

Once again we would like to thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again to Westbourne House.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My family and I have stayed in Westbourne 3 times now staying in the cottage and caravan and my Dad in the hotel. All are very clean and comfortable and location is lovely and peaceful. The owners Stuart and Jane are very friendly and helpful and always make us very welcome. We will return again for sure!

2  Thank COCKBURNS2013

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor and choosing Westbourne House for your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you all again soon

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had a really lovely over night stay. Hotel was very clean and we were welcomed by Stuart. Our room was Wee Cumbrae, which was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast which was served by Jane was very good. My grand daughter cant wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Margaret R
jaberGlasgow, Owner at Westbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Gran & Sophie
Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor and choosing Westbourne House for your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

a wonderful B&B where myself and my girlfriend were made to feel extremely welcome and comfortable by stuart and jane.
We just stayed for one night but it was really delightful the room was lovely, very comfortable, nicely designed and with a great view of the sea. We stayed in the 'wee cumbrae' room and it was ideal for our needs.
The island of millport itself is so relaxing and it was great to forget the stresses of art school for a while.
the whole process was a breeze, communication with jane and stuart was excellent and we knew we would be in for a treat before we even got there.
breakfast was also delicious and served in a delightful and relaxing room and served by our delightful hosts.
we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to visit again and stay for longer.
highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steven s
jaberGlasgow, Owner at Westbourne House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing Westbourne house as your getaway in Millport

We thank you once more for your valuable time and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We only had one night at the Westbourne which was a real pity. My friend and I had a room each with a shared private bathroom. Both were spotless and whatever I needed in my room was there to be found. The view from my single room was probably the best view I have ever seen out of a window with the sun setting beside Arran and Wee Cumbrae and Bute also lit beautifully by the sun.

There were fresh flowers in my room along with tea making facilities and tourist information.

Recommendations were given when we booked about travel, restaurants all of which made our stay go like clockwork. I think the rooms were all full that night but we had a quiet undisturbed night with a pleasant breakfast to follow, having chosen what we would like to eat the night before.

I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Sea view is preferable because it is so gorgeous to look out!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gwen P

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for writing such a positive review on Trip advisor. It is good to know that we have succeeded in making your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for your positive comments.

Stuart and Jane

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Westbourne House is a lovely B&B in a quiet corner of Millport. The building and grounds are well maintained and are spotlessly clean throughout. We stayed in the 'Bute Room', a family room with plenty of space for me, my wife and our 7 year old daughter. The room has a great view of the sea, looking out towards Bute, Arran and Little Cumbrae. The owners, Stuart and Jane, made us feel very welcome from when we made our booking until we checked out at the end of our stay.

We are looking forward to our next stay at Westbourne House already!

4  Thank Tom M

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Westbourne House.

We are pleased to know that you and your family had a relaxing, enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future!

Jane and Stuart

Been to Westbourne House? Share your experiences!