See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Westbourne House is a lovely little hotel and caravan park.
Stuart and Jane (the owners) are extremely nice and made us and our 5 year daughter really welcome. The breakfast was excellent and the rooms exceptionally clean and well maintained.
We loved this hotel and would definitely go back!
Well done to Stuart and Jane!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dai_giggs
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We turned up on Cumbrae after a spur-of -the-moment decision to get off the mainland. It was wet and so we were looking for somewhere to stay fairly quickly. After an abortive attempt to get a room at the Royal George (please read review) I telephoned Westbourne Houes (see leaflet stuck up in the bus shelter outside the George)
Its a bit out of Millport but boy is it worth the walk. Its such a beautiful house, impeccably clean and furnished rooms with views to die for. Our room, Bute, was at the front and we sat just gazing out. Breakfast was up with the best. my only small criticism was that the bed was a little hard for my liking. The bathroom was spotless and very modern. We never met Jane but Stuart, as one other review said, is the host with the most. We travel a lot so I dont know if we will ever return as there are always so many other places to visit and not enough time. I would recommend this B&B to anyone and would gladly stay there again. Thanks Staurt. You are a very nice genuine guy.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ddickinscoll
Reviewed 1 July 2010

A place not to be missed. Good walking, plenty places to eat and have refreshments. scenery out of this world, Accomodation was excellent. Not to be missed :- The Ritz Frazers, Lion rock,the Gledstane (at the top of the Island) and if possible a trip on the Waverley. and finally the Cathedral of the Isles

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billval
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Me and my hubby Alan got married on the Isle of Cumbrae 10 years ago on the 24th June. We wanted to go back to celebrate our 10th but to our dismay found that the hotel we had originally stayed in (The Millerstone) had closed. We (me, hubby, dad, his partner Val and father in law, Walter) booked in at Westbourne House futher around the island. Our dissappointment at The Millerstone being closed did not last long. Westbourne House is a beautiful B&B with lovely modern and clean rooms, splendid views, wonderful breakfast to accommodate everyone (I am vegetarian and was offered vegetarian sausage and all the trimmings) and last but not least, our friendly hostess with the mostess, Stuart was great and took time out to chat at breakfast and whenever we bumped into him. Unfortunately we did not get to meet his wife Jane. Without a shadow of a doubt we will be staying at Westbourne House again, we could not have been made more welcome.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank TheGardener_10
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My husaband and I had a wonderful stay at this lovely house where we were warmly welcomed by the owners - very genuine and friendly. The room was lovely and spacious overlooking the sea and distant hills of Arron. Very tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. A fantastic, relaxing retreat if you want to get away from it all. A warm welcome awaited each morning as we enjoyed an excellent breakfast whilst admiring the breathtaking views. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo