“Nice Rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millport
The Royal George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Millport B&B and Inns
Lancashire
“Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The George has benefitted from having its rooms refurbished. They are smart and clean but the shower has no power and kept going hot to cold, really annoying.
Hosts are friendly and let us leave our bags whilst we went for a cycle the next day.
Breakfast OK.
Decent value overall

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank EBUman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for a night last week so we could have a look around the island. Firstly, the exterior does not do the rooms justice but remember that this faces out to sea! The bus which picks up at the ferry drops you off (and picks you up) just opposite the B&B and the shops are also opposite. This makes it ideal for both young and elderly guests.

The bar is spacious and tidy, the staff were very friendly and the food was lovely and good value for money. We stayed in the Waverely and this was really nice with three large rooms. The bedroom had two single beds (which can be pushed together if you prefer), bedside cabinets, lamps, a double wardrobe (with mirrors), TV and dressing table with mirror & stool and a hair dryer (in a drawer). Towels and cosmetics were also supplied.

The loung/living room had a comfortable sofa bed (size: double), a chest with bedding, dining table, four chairs, TV, kettle, cups, glasses and refreshments (tea, coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits). The bathroom had a large power shower (which took a couple of minutes to figure out!), sink with handwash/towel and a toilet.

All of the rooms were clean, warm (with radiators you can switch on if you need them) and spacious. The living room and bedroom also look out over the port so it's nice to watch the boats. The windows can be opened/closed using the winches and the curtains are nice and thick to keep light out during the night.

In terms of food, we ate dinner (served until 6 p.m) and breakfast (served until 10.30 a.m.) and both were really nice. For lunch/dinner they serve things like pizza, burgers, lasagne, pies, fish and chips etc. In terms of breakfast, cereal and juice is available in the dinning area and you can help yourself to these. You can also have tea, coffee, toast (with or without jam) or full breakfast (or any combination you like!). The drinks at the bar were also varied and great value. There are also other places to grab snacks or meals nearby (including a supermarket, corner shop, chip shop, restaurant/cafe etc) so there are plenty of options if you miss the meal times.

All in all, a pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DrEmmaPreece
Isle of Bute
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Had a day out in Millport, went for dinner at the Royal George hotel, No menus on the table, food underneath the table. Food came , looked lovely but over seasoned. The pepper on the steak pie burned the back of my throat. The bar was really noisy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed in "Lord of the Isles" room Fri, Sat & Sun nights. Room was excellent with crakin views over the Firth of Clyde. Added bonus of huge double jacuzzi bath. We booked last minute only a few days before. Manager Margaret couldnt have been more helpfull and managed to accomodate us even though rooms were fully booked on the Friday, with a bit of magic on her side she managed to get us this loveley room for the 3 nights instead of only the Sat & Sun as originally thought. Staff when we arrived were all really friendly and helped make our stay even better. Fri nites entertainment was Karaoke.. real good night and Sat night was one of the best Cajun Blue Grass Bands ive heard for a long long time.. Outstanding night... Breakfasts were full cooked Scottish and my what a platefull.. certainley eased the hangover from the nite befores festivities.. Would i go back.. Most Certainley. My fiancee and self had a brill time made even more special by the great Staff and service at The George Hotel.. Thanks Maragaret and all your staff for making this weekend so special.. We look forward to many more weekends

Room Tip: Clyde Views Rock.. Double Jacuzzi Bath in Lord of the Isles for Lovers
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan R
glasgow
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed 30/3/13 easter weekend for 1 night.Room was very clean and warm, had a some lunch and drinks.Staff very nice would stay again if available for country and western weekend . Would recommend to friends

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank h9btd
Glasgow
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed in the Vital Spark room at the Royal George Hotel, the room was very clean and fresh with a view looking onto Millport. The entertainment was great with a band playing a wide selection of music. Breakfast was first class and the staff were very friendly - be back soon

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WICKERGlasgow
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was a completely unplanned 'emergency' stay at a place i had never even seen online, let alone booked before I set out! My daughter was rushed to the divers decompression chamber on Millport with 'the bends' after diving, and I drove over 400 miles to reach the island to be with her. The hotel could not have been more accomodating. My partner dealt with them from home and not only did they hold me a room (I wasn't even sure if I could make the last ferry to get across that night!) but they said they could give me the phone numbers of other places to try if I ended up stuck on the mainland - and told me not to bother coming to them to check in, but understood my need to rush to the hospital first.
When I did arrive, about 9:30 pm, I was warmly greeted, asked if I wanted something to eat (even 'though the kitchen was shut) and generally made very welcome. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the room (I stayed in the Vital Spark). For a little local hotel it was very comfortable with nice decor, good quality linen, tv, hair dryers, coffee making and toiletries. I stayed for 3 nights, and each morniing I did not know if I would need a room that evening or not (it all depended on what the doctors said about my daughter). The hotel were very flexible and let me ring back and 'rebook' every day. I only had breakfasts, but they were excellent and cooked to order. I think the room rate was excellent value for money. Phone reception can be a bit 'iffy' (I am on O2 and it 'came and went') and wi-fi is only available in a couple of spots in the bar - but I can't imagine this matters to most people. One thing which may be a negative to some people is that rooms over-looking the square can be a bit noisy ('though some of it is my fault as I sleep with the window open) as customers in the bar pop in and out to smoke and chat quite loudly - and the sound carries. Also, it was quite noisy from the music whenever the bar door onto the square was open...... but all in all a very welcoming little hotel in an absolutely superb location. Very friendly and flexible staff - I am very grateful to them for making the hotel a haven of calm during my pretty stressful visit (and the island itself is well worth a visit - it is just beautiful!)

Room Tip: For fantastic views and less noise, overlook the sea not the square.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank carole t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millport
Brisbane House Hotel
#2 of 4 in Brodick
Chandlers Hotel
Chandlers Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ascog

Been to The Royal George Hotel? Share your experiences!