The Royal George Hotel
US$141
US$148
US$144
TripAdvisor
The Waterside Hotel(West Kilbride)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Seamill Hydro(West Kilbride)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroyal georgebeer gardenbalmoral roombalcony overlookinggreat breakfaststaff were lovelycooked scottishlovely meallounge areanice barfew daysworth a visitcould not have been more helpfulfriendly atmospherea lovely stayfriends and familymargaret
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Was over in Millport for the day and need some sustenance after the cycle round the Island.
This was the only place serving food between 15:00 - 17:00 in Millport.
We had a burger and a sandwich, both were very tasty and the portions were of a good size.
Friendly bar and staff.
Worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited Cumbrae on a day trip and went to this hotel for a couple of drinks and a snack. We started off sitting outside in the beer garden with views over the sea but (unusually) the sun was too strong and we moved inside to avoid getting burnt. We had a sharing platter which was delicious and the young lad behind the bar was very pleasant and very efficient. I’ll visit again if I am lucky enough to be back on Cumbrae.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank beeza1
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent one night in the Waverley suite which we had booked some time ago for a birthday treat. We didn't let the fact that it must have been the wettest Saturday this year deter us and we enjoyed a few drinks in the bar before heading out to sample the local delights before returning to enjoy the music and disco until late.
Our room was lovely, clean with plenty of towels and toiletries to round and was comfortable for three of us. As I mentioned, it was raining heavily most of the day - and before heading out I noticed a small leak near the window. I put a towel down to catch the water and mentioned this to the server in the bar and the manager went to see it promptly. It couldn't be repaired due to the rain but the manager offered us use of another room or a bucket for the leak and a discount on the room we had. We were happy with the prompt response and opted to stay as we felt quite settled in the Waverley and wanted to stay together. Only one very small gripe was the lack of information in the room - e.g breakfast times, checkout times
going by the previous reviews - I suppose the choice is a bit limited for breakfast - depends what you are looking for. We enjoyed a cooked breakfast in the morning - everything was fresh and good quality. Would definitely come back to the Royal George in Millport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cheech2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

To be honest I am undecided on this place............

prices of drinks fantastic BUT running out of draft lager on a bank holiday weekend begs more than one question.

Shabby bar area which severely needs a lick of paint and new carpets.

Staff brilliant and very helpful..............but will they stay under this regime!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ScotlandFramed
meganIsleofCumbrae, Manager at The Royal George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your review.
We did run out of draught lager at the end of the bank holiday but given that we are on an island and have limited storage space unfortunately we ran out despite having ordered the maximum that we can store - however this shows how busy we were over the weekend.
Our prices are very fair - thank you for mentioning this and I greatly appreciate my staff; all of whom give first class service.
You mention that you thought the bar was shabby......no doubt you also noticed that there was scaffolding in the beer garden and that some work had already started in the dining area and on the stage area In a property of this size when we are open 7 days per week it can be difficult to get work done quickly. I would however disagree that we need new carpets but the dance floor is scheduled to be re-varnished very soon.
I am surprised that you would wonder that my staff stay here under this regime???????..I can assure you that my staff are very happy here.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Having stayed here a few times I can only say that the rooms are lovely, the views spectacular ( if you're at the back) and the staff friendly. However, I feel that the breakfast lets it down. There is no fresh fruit, a lack of choice of cereals and the cooked breakfast is inadequate and not good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tricia M
meganIsleofCumbrae, Manager at The Royal George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review; I am glad that you enjoyed the most of your stay at the Royal George - however I am very sorry that you have not enjoyed your breakfast.
There should be fresh fruit, 2 choices of fruit juice and breakfast is cooked to order; we have never had a complaint about breakfast - if anything we have had many complements but I have recently employed a new member of staff to cook breakfast. I will monitor breakfast over the next few days and make changes/employ training as required.
I feel that breakfast is a large part of a guest's stay at a hotel and will ensure that we regain our former standards.
Please contact me via email and I will send you a gift certificate for your next stay at the Royal George.