“Good Place To Rest After A Concert”

Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Good Place To Rest After A Concert”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped by at noon to see if I could early check in cause we were headed to a concert. Had ZERO issues. Could not go to the room cause they were cleaning them. Got my room key & left. Came back to a very clean room with very nice beds. Room had a computer table & a table for 2. Another good Holiday Inn experience !

• Stayed September 2013
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear MIkieJ34,

Thank you for such a nice review and I am glad you had zero issues--that is what the team strives for. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

The Comcast Theater and XL both have good shows and our hotel is so convenient to their locations.

We hope to see you soon!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Columbus,OH
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed with a large group. The inn treated us so well. The room was exceptionally clean, the beds and pillows perfect. The room was an upgrade. However, the design is bit confusing in that there is a low wall and pilar separating the bed from the sofa/living area which makes no sense. There are two large flat screen TVs just because the pilar makes it impossible to see one or the other. The location is out of the way. One good restaurant is adjacent which is helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Baily03;

Thank you for the four stars and such a nice review. We are glad that you and your group chose to stay with us. I believe you are referring to the Chowder Pot and we always here of good reviews of there as well.

Thank you and hope to see you again!
Hartford
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn properties every week. This hotel had the usual amenities you expect from a city hotel. Free parking, a short drive to downtown, free breakfast, pool, decent rooms, etc. However, when comparing many hotels, this place is not at the top of my list. Upon checking in at 10 pm on a Wednesday, the front desk counter was littered with junk food wrappers (at least four opened bags of chips with crumbs everywhere). The manager was leaning on the counter looking very unprofessional. The carpet in the elevator was filthy and appeared to have not been cleaned in some time. The hotel was below the Holiday Inn Express standard overall.. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Steve375;

First let me apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I have looked at the schedule for the last two weeks and I did not have a male scheduled at 10pm last Wednesday or the Wednesday prior. I know your time is valuable but I definitely want to follow up and discipline the correct employee. First impressions are so important.

If you could please email me at hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com with your last name and/or room number so I may investigate and follow up accordingly.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I had booked my stay with a third party company ,and requested a room at the end of a hall,but unfortunately when I arrived, there were no rooms available upon check in. Which didn't seem like a big deal anymore once I checked in quick with a very pleasant attendant at the desk. There were a few interuptions I could clearly hear coming from the hallway. I would request a more a room at the end of the hall to anyone that may choose to stay. This is not a noisy hotel, but the doors sure are, so if you are a light sleeper ,such as I, keep that in mind. The Hotel management was extremely accommodating when I requested a room change , Arsenio Lozada(mngmnt) was very understanding ,and eager to make my stay as comfortable as he could. In which he moved me to a room down the hall, and on the backside facing the pool. WOW! The suites are worth the extra few dollars to stay. Very Spacious, and a different feel. I will be returning!!! For someone who may be selective on their choice on hotels, this ones a win!!!!

Room Tip: I would choose one of the mini suites, its worth a price difference. Also, end of the hallway (you c...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear comstocktraveler,

Thank you for writing such a nice review. I am glad Arsenio was able to honor your request. He is an asset to our Front Desk team and sets the example for the staff.

We hope to see you soon!

usa
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here with a family group during HAS graduation weekend in July, and glad we only had to pay the discounted rate. Front desk service was good, but rooms are old, with mildew in the bathroom, peeling wall paper and HVAC that are noisy and leak. It says suites, but you have to pay extra for a tiny 'fridge and microwave, which are battered. Breakfast was OK, but they kept running out of coffee (every day for 3 days). I made this reservation based on previous experiences with HIE; this venue doesn't come close to the others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear knittermom,

I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. Connecticut did experience a heatwave in July and the air conditioners were working hard. We do have suites that have a kitchenette area with a built in microwave and fridge; however, our standard rooms are not equipped with a microwave and fridge but we have them available at no addiitonal fee.

I am not sure which room type you booked but please feel free to contact me at 860-525-1000 or hartfordgm@wnwhospitality as it is our goal to have everyone enjoy their stay.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I couldnt take this heat wave anymore. The moment we walked in we were greated. Everyone was so nice, breakfast was abundunt the pool was large for a few hours my family had the pool to ourselves. The room was large and clean. We would love to stay longer but hubby has to work. Thank you for our short escape

• Stayed July 2013
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear LeveCT:

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you were able to stay and be refreshed by the pool. Thank you for acknowledging a great team we have here.

Kennewick
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The queen suite was clean and quite. The shower had not been cleaned from the previous guest. Hair and shampoo left. We cleaned it ourselves. Hopefully this was a one time oversight. The rest of the room was clean. The breakfast was standard fare . The attendant was not very attendant as egg and sausage trays were empty the entire time we ate, about 15 minutes. The. Front staff were friendly and helpful. Access was easy. Overall good value.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank harv2u
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear harv2u, Thank you for giving us 4 out of 5 stars. I do apologize that the shower was not cleaned and wished you had called the desk as we would have moved your room.

I appreciate you acknowledging the front desk team! We do hope to see you again!

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#5 of 12 in Hartford
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!