My boyfriend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Brainard Road in Hartford, CT on Saturday, August 8, 2009. The staff allowed us to check in early (11:00 a.m.). I reserved a non-smoking room with a king bed. The room did not smell smoked in. The carpets were clean. The bathroom was clean with no dirt in the corners. The sink, toilet and shower drained well. This hotel has eliminated comforters and uses a cotton thin blanket for the comforter. I never like using the comforter at hotels because I know they are not cleaned with each new guest. The continental breakfast was fully stocked and contained a wide variety of food for those who chose to eat healthy and those with a sweet tooth. Lastly, the staff was friendly and accommodating. I give this stay a 5 star. I am fair but very particular when it comes to cleanliness. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located minutes (7 to be exact) from the Comcast Center. It is also an easy commute for out-of-town visitors who do not know the area. One last important detail, the hotel is located in a quiet area. We did not hear other guests or traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites in Hartford, CT is located just five - ten minutes from downtown and at the crossroads of New England - Routes I-91 and I-84. The hotel is conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Hartford Convention Center, and is near the CT Expo Center, XL Center, Downtown Hartford corporate offices, The Mark Twain House & Museum, XFINITY Theater, Six Flags(R) New England, Goodwin Park Golf Course, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford Hospital, and St. Francis Hospital are nearby as well, including Aetna(R), the University of Hartford, Trinity College and the Connecticut State Capitol building. Our patrons stay connected with business amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a business center. We also boast 943 square feet of meeting space, ideal for most meetings or events in Hartford, CT. Our hotel's location is a few miles from some of Hartford's most popular attractions. Take a tour through Hartford's many historic homes like the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and The Mark Twain House & Museum. You can see contemporary and classic works of art at the Wadsworth Atheneum or spend the day outdoors at Bushnell Park. Let our hotel in Hartford be your home away from home. Join us each morning for a full hot breakfast buffet, enjoy a refreshing swim in our seasonal heated outdoor pool, relax in our indoor whirlpool or get an invigorating workout in our fitness center. The hotel is 100% non-smoking in all Guest rooms and Public areas. This Hartford, CT hotel's location near downtown Hartford makes us the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We provide complimentary shuttle service to 7 miles radius within the greater Hartford area. Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites today! Must be 21 years of age to check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford