“Great Accomodations - No Complaints”

Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Vermont
“Great Accomodations - No Complaints”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Brainard Road in Hartford, CT on Saturday, August 8, 2009. The staff allowed us to check in early (11:00 a.m.). I reserved a non-smoking room with a king bed. The room did not smell smoked in. The carpets were clean. The bathroom was clean with no dirt in the corners. The sink, toilet and shower drained well. This hotel has eliminated comforters and uses a cotton thin blanket for the comforter. I never like using the comforter at hotels because I know they are not cleaned with each new guest. The continental breakfast was fully stocked and contained a wide variety of food for those who chose to eat healthy and those with a sweet tooth. Lastly, the staff was friendly and accommodating. I give this stay a 5 star. I am fair but very particular when it comes to cleanliness. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located minutes (7 to be exact) from the Comcast Center. It is also an easy commute for out-of-town visitors who do not know the area. One last important detail, the hotel is located in a quiet area. We did not hear other guests or traffic.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 September 2009
Dear Running in Vermont;

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. The staff and I take pride in our Hotel and the guest service we provide. We are fortunate as we receive many great comments and we appreciate yours!

I have a daily stand up meeting with the staff and I will read your comments to them tomorrow with pride!

Lisa
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Jersey
Reviewed 17 March 2009

I thought this hotel was great. The rooms were in excellent shape and everything was comfortable and well maintained.

My only gripe was the smokey hallway. I've traveled quite a bit and have had non-smoking rooms on the same floor as smoking ones, and I've never walked down a more stifling hallway. I'm convinced the high school kids who were staying there were hanging out in the hall and smoking.

Sadly, there are no signs asking people not to smoke in the corridors.

Also, there's no indication that my room was a non-smoking room. Fortunately, there was no cigarette smell, stale or otherwise, so long as I stayed a few feet from the door (away from the vicinity of the hall), but the walk from the elevator to my room gave me pause due to how badly the hall reeked.

I told the front desk about it the next day and they said that I definitely had a non-smoking room, but that half the floor has smoking rooms. I still think that even when people are smoking inside their rooms it shouldn't filter into the hallway so strongly.

I wish they'd put up signs, one for no smoking in the hallway and ones on the non-smoking rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Monstybz
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2009
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback . The staff and I appreciate the 5 out of 5 stars!! We, as a team strive daily to exceed quest expectations..

I honestly have not thought of displaying non smoking signs in the hallway and I, too think that is a good idea.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
leeds
Reviewed 7 March 2009

Take note as this is not exactly in the convention centre but about 7-10 mins away.But overall for a family travel - its excellent value for money- very polie staff, Hot breakfast was very welcome , so was the choice of pastries and yogurts and fruits and variety of coffees.
Staff were polite .

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank vinchy
Thank you very much for acknowledging the staff and the hot Breakfast. We appreciate your positive feedback as we strive to exceed guest's expectations daily.

The Convention Center is 2.33 miles from Holiday Inn Express at 185 Brainard Rd. We offer a complimentary shuttle from 7am to 9:30pm.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
NS Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida from NS. We have stayed at a lot of Holiday Inns and normally have a good stay. Of course the most important thing at any hotel, in my opinion, is the bed. Unfortunately this one was as hard as a rock! A blanket on the floor would have been about the same. The pillows and bedding were nice but didn't help. There was also no heat in the bathroom so you would have had to heat the whole room too much to get the bathroom warmed up.
Everything else was OK. Room was clean, internet worked and the free breakfast was their normal fare.

• Liked — Free breakfast, clean room
  • Disliked — Rock hard bed, no heat in bathroom
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2009
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally and may be reached at hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com. This would give me an opportunity to know the room number and investigate the room. If a guest check ins and is not comfortable with their room they may contact the front desk and we give you another room or offer an upgrade, if available. I understand that you may have not realized until later when you went to bed; but a Manager on Duty is on 24 hours per day to ensure guest satisfaction. Or guests have the opportunity to speak with me directly. Holiday Inn Express' have a new bedroom and bathroom package which we normally receive rave reviews from our guests.

Lisa Bublitz
new york
Reviewed 7 October 2008

Very basic hotel, good bargain, even tho i did not spend much time here, basically a "sleep and go" though I did sit in the hot tub for a bit, which is indoors, though the pool is outdoors and closed i the winter. The hotel was recomended to me by the convention I was here for at Hartford University, so alot of college age students staying here, and pilots from the private airport next door (yes that airport is NOT bradley, as alot of people ask, the holiday inn near Bradley I think is the Asylum rd location, which was the other hotel recomended to me, however they were more expensive and quite honestly, I would not stay anywhere on a "Asylum" street...call me crazy, but would you?)
The room was basic but tidy, The breakfast was much better then typical motel fare- gotta love those morning cimimon thingys they bake. They had 2 computers for public use, which was great if you didnt bring a laptop nd take advantage of the free wireless. The shutle bus to go downtown certainly helps out to. Only drawback was the piercing stench of powersrubb upon walking in the lobby. Perhaps it wasonly the week i stayed there, but still, made me wonder what happened in there prior to me comming!
Mmmm sitting in a hottub after a long day was nice.

• Liked — Mmm hot tub
  • Disliked — power scrub
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Finland
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I and my husband stayed here for one night on our holiday and found it clean, quiet and cosy. It was everything we looked for in a hotel and thus were very happy. The free internet connection was a nice extra.

I would like to add that we got some excellent advise on where to go on the next day of our holiday from a gentleman working at the reception. I believe his first name was Kevin (?). We had a very nice chat with him and looked over the road maps together. Our best wishes to him :)

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fantsu
Connecticut
Reviewed 19 July 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. After having a horrid experience at the "inn" that was booked for me through my office, I decided to arrange my own hotel and decided upon a Holiday Inn secondary to their reputation and rooms that I have stayed at in the past. This hotel was absolutely everything that I expected. The room was clean and well prepared. The free high speed internet was a plus, and all staff were pleasant and cooperative. I did not participate in the free breakfasts, but it sure did smell good. I also looked at the outdoor pool and indor jacuzzi which were both clean and seemed to be well enjoyed by the other guests. The only thing that was inconvienient was the construction on Brainard Road which was of no fault to the hotel. My neighbor however decided it was appropriate to get on the phone and scream to whomever she was talking to nightly at 11 and continue until about 2 am. I think that the reason that I could hear her was because the rooms were adjoining. It did not ruin my stay here, and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming out this way.

• Liked — The cleanliness and the nice demeanor of the staff
  • Disliked — No wireless internet in the room...
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank singer216
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 11 in Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!