“Perfection!”

Ranked #44 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I go to J Restaurant Bar on a regular basis. The staff, atmosphere and food are consistently the best! Great appetizers, fresh salads, innovative entrees. We are big fans!! We have been there in large groups and just dinner for the two of us, always a great experience.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Owner was very rude when I was placing a large catering order. Would not recommend. Food was mediocre and cold when it arrived. There are better Hartford restaurants that will treat you with respect and enjoy having your business!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have grabbed lunch here several times and always been happy - the salads are enormous, the burgers and wraps are great, and the fries are some of my favorites. The servers have always been very attentive and no matter how busy things are, they have provided fast service.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Had two recent dinners at J and both nights we were impressed. First, martinis are excellent, especially the expresso martini. Calamari and crab cakes were fantastic and large enough to split. Sandwiches and burgers fantastic. Chicken riggies and salads were very tasty. Warm bread served is crunchy, yet light and airy. We love the warm, intimate but casual atmosphere. to top it all, we found the entire staff to be pleasant, friendly, and very attentive. We will be back!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I don't know what to say about this place. The service? Impeccable. Might have been the most prompt & efficient waiter & food service I have ever seen. The food? Delicious! We had the crab cakes which are really good and we both had steaks which were very good as well.

It was a low-key place and is definitely on our list to go back to when we want something a little more casual. The parking lot is a huge bonus. No street parking or finding a lot for your car.

The only thing that was odd was the place was less than half full. It was maybe 7:30 or so on a Saturday night. It was obviously great for us, but I could not believe how light the crowd was. I have been to so many places that are packed and the food isn't half as good as here.

It is really close to the Bushnell, so it seems like this would be a great stop before/after a show.