“Wonderful experience!”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We came to J's restaurant from the burbs for Taste of Hartford week. This was our first visit to J's Restaurant and we already look forward to our next visit! What a great experience, not only was the limited time Taste of Hartford menu original with items like ceviche, and mako shark, but the deserts were also fantastic . Deliciously prepared, beautifully presented. Our hostess made us feel welcome upon arrival and seated us immediately. She mentioned she wanted us to be excited about our table, so she found the perfect table for us. Kaley our server was prompt, courteous and responded to all our questions. This is a nice place with a balance of old New England charm and the comforts of an upscale casual dining. Finding the place is easy with ample on premises parking. I made a slight error by requesting my mako shark to be cooked in certain manner, not realizing the limited offer menu was not subject to changes or alterations. Kayley made the request and the kitchen responded in a positive way. What a nice surprise at the end of the meal to have the owner Jordan come out to greet us at our table making sure our meals were to satisfaction. We look forward to coming back soon to experience the full menu.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Arlette d

“Awesome food!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

For Taste of Hartford week, 3 friends and I went to J, as 2 of us are gluten sensitive. We were amazed by the GF options! Service was excellent and the food itself exceeded our expectations.
J also has it's own parking lot- a treat for a city restaurant. I will be back - this restaurant is a real gem!

Avon, Connecticut
“Amazing restaurant”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Service was impeccable, had an older lady not sure her name but she was a top notch server. Everything came out prompt, hot and tastey. My wife loved the crab cakes, she said they were some of the best she's ever had.

• Visited July 2014
Ct., USA
“A safe cocoon in an iffy city”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

After 7 years of working in Hartford, this restaurant has become my frequent dinner and after work stop. The owner is always checking on things and the menu changes with the seasons. I don't travel over to the Franklin street restaurants due to traffic, parking and street crime. J's has an ample parking lot facing the hospital. Good bistro food and prices.

Visited June 2014
Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Great Bridal Shower Event”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had our future daughter-in-law’s bridal shower at J”s Restaurant Bar. Before the shower, my daughter and I worked directly with Kris, the banquet manager and Jordan, the owner in regards to menu planning and room layout. Essentially, Kris and Jordan were very accommodating and nothing that we asked for was considered impossible. We had four guests who were gluten-free and these allergy requests were taken seriously. All of our guests, including the gluten-free ones, raved about the food and service. The food was excellent and the staff was attentive throughout the shower. My daughter commented that she did not have to ask the staff to do anything because they had already thought of what needed to be done.
As an example of the food quality, one of my cousin’s husbands ordered crab cakes and a drink while waiting for his wife. As we were leaving the restaurant, he said the crab cakes were the best he ever tasted including his wife’s, who is a gourmet cook. Added to this singular review, my other guests have all said they would be returning for dinner in the future.
Jordan and Kris made this event a memorable one for our family. The great customer service did not end with the shower. The next day, Jordan checked with me to make sure everything was to our satistication. I would highly recommend having an event at J’s Restaurant Bar.

• Visited May 2014