“DO NOT STAY HERE.”

Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The room was dark, dingy and disgusting. It also smelled suspiciously wierd. It was dated and felt very unclean. The whole hotel is disturbingly quiet. The service was not good and it was just plain a scary place to stay. I have no idea what those other people were raving about, but they must have stayed in another hotel because this one SUCKS.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank FANCYPANTS27
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear FANCYPANTS27:
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to learn that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service for all our guests, so please contact me personally at 860-524-5550 to discuss your experience further.

Mark Graham

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were in town for a family wedding and were staying at the Residence Inn for the first time. We checked in with no problems, the front desk folks were very friendly, and when we opened the door to our room, we were blown away by how huge it was! We definitely weren't expecting that! We had a loft bedroom set up with a full kitchen, bathroom and sitting area, which had a pull out sofa. The only thing we found lacking were sheets and blankets for the pull sofa. However, I have to admit that I didn't necessarily ask the front desk folks where they were, but I also didn't want to have to go searching the place for them either.
The room was clean, well kept and a place that we'd definitely return to in the future.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a bit different, as we learned from the front desk, so ask about the different...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guamwoman
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Everything about this hotel for a wedding party is great! Big roomy rooms for the bride to get ready! It is in a great location. For the most part the staff is friendly. Housekeeping was very polite and understanding. Most of the front desk agents were a pleasure to talk to. Very friendly and very polite. I would have given this hotel a 5 start rating if it was not for just one very negative experience with the front desk agent that checked me in. He lacked the caring attitude that a front desk agent should have. No smile or any niceness about him. So I go and explain to him I am the groom and I believe we were booked the suite for two nights since we have a contract with the hotel for the wedding. He asked me under what name. I tell him both last names of the wedding party. He looks under my name first, but only my brothers name is there. I say ok can you please check....cut off there is only two under my brothers name he says. I finally was able to chime in and say please check under the brides name. I had misunderstood the contract and I thought both nights were for free so I had mentioned that to him. With a very stern we never give both nights free attitude in his voice. So I call my wife up to confirm with her. Since his attitude was nasty, and I didn't trust him. So I clarify with him that the next night will be free he says yes. So I check my statement I was charged for both nights. My wife calls for them to adjust the bill. The guy who check me in picks up the phone. My wife I explaining to him about the incorrect billing.....cut off again miss I told your husband he will only get charged for one night. Well if he had listened to the whole conversation my account was charged for both nights. He is rude and should just have night duty so he won't interact with as many guest. Overall great hotel, nice rooms, nice staff, clean, and good location. Thank you for the great experience except for that one front desk agent

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I statyed for 4 days in this Hotel. The Rooms are spacious. But the hotel cleaning staff is a mess. They don't even vaccum the room, clean mirror or change sheets if you don't tell them. A specific example is on 3rd floor, there is a house keeper names Maria. She comes in morning and started saying I am very tired, have too much work and just wait to listen from your mouth that you don't want service from her. If she is so tired, she should talk to hotel management and not to a guest. Pathetic House keeping staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed in Hartford for business. I had my luggage shipped to the hotel, and upon checkin they had my room, and my luggage ready. The checkin process was quick and efficient and friendly. They had a nice breakfast and friendly staff. The room was a two floor suite, I'm not sure if they are all like that, but clean, comfortable and convienent. I will definately stay again when in town.

Room Tip: There really aren't many good views since it is the heart of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel experience was really amazing. The look of the hotel was nothing like a residence inn, it felt like a high class marriott hotel experience. The rooms were huge and very spacious. The kitchen was a great help and the service was excellent as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sayingsorry
Reviewed 8 April 2012

great downtown location, close to everything - lots of restaurants, and bars within a few blocks. nice large room. just here to catch a uconn game at the XL centre [2 blocks away]. ppl at the service desk were quite nice and helpful as well. would come back, for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank joel_henderson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!