“The best staff, comfortable and clean rooms, excellent location.”

Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Located in the heart of Hartford, this hotel is nothing less than amazing. I couldn't possibly list all the things that I love about staying here! I always make a point to stay here when I'm in Hartford.

This hotel has, hands down, the best staff. Not only are they extremely professional, but also they always go that extra mile to make sure my stay is enjoyable. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful, especially when I need to change my reservations on a moments notice (which happens rather frequently).

The service I received during one particular stay comes to mind when I think about the great service here. I was extremely sick one week and was forced to work from my hotel room. Valentine saw I was not feeling well when I came downstairs to grab a little breakfast before I headed out to grab some medicine. He was quick to ask if there was anything I needed. I told him I was all set and was just going to eat and then head out to a CVS that was around the corner. He said not to bother, that he would be happy to run out for me and asked what I wanted. It's this type of service that keeps me coming back.

Lisa has been helpful beyond belief when it comes to making additional reservations at a moment’s notice. My schedule is in constant flux, but Lisa is all too happy to help me make adjustments and ensure that I always have a place to stay when I come to Hartford.

Regrettably, I do not know her name, but the woman who manages the breakfast bar in the morning is honestly the happiest person I ever met. Her genuine smile and morning greetings put me in the best of moods. Many times I wake and dread the busy day/week ahead of me, but she always puts a smile on my face.

Honestly, the entire staff at the Residence is amazing, I could list all the great things that Quantia, Kasi, Kadeen, Migdalia, and Anna do on a daily basis to make my stay enjoyable and homelike, but I would need many pages to do so. Suffice it to say that you will not regret your choice to stay at the Residence Inn.

In addition to the best staff you could ever hope for, the location of this hotel is perfect. It's walking distance to the XL Center, Hartford Stage, Connecticut's Old State House, Connecticut Science Center, Connecticut Convention Center, a gorgeous park (Bushnell Park), and great restaurants peppered in between. The hotel itself is nestled between a great brewery (City Steam Brewery) and a cozy little Italian restaurant (Bocca Rossa).

The amenities are perfect! The rooms are....huge. I remember how shocked I was when I first stepped into one the rooms for my first time; it was bigger than my apartment! The cleaning staff does an excellent job cleaning the room, and they even clean my dirty dishes when I neglect to do so on account of my laziness after a long and busy day in the office. Of course, I try to make a point to leave a tip on such occasions.

The gym there is exactly what I need. Considering I travel a lot for work I don’t always eat as healthy as I should. Needless to say I’ve put on a few pounds. The Residence gym is just an elevator ride from my room so it’s hard to think of an excuse not to use it. Plus, the equipment is so new! It’s not the kind of gym you’d expect from a hotel, but then again the Residence is not just any hotel…. it’s THE hotel.

I will never go anywhere but the Residence Inn when I’m in Hartford. Believe me when I tell you, once you stay here you’ll feel the same way!

Room Tip: Some rooms get better sunlight in the morning than others. If this feature is important to you I wou...
1  Thank The_Traveling_Man86
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

TomB: WOW! Thank you for putting so much time and thought into your amazing review of our hotel.

I don't even know where to begin, but thank you for all of your kind words about so many of our staff. I look forward to sharing this review with them and recognizing all the associates mentioned. It has been a pleasure to have you stay with us during your time in Hartford and we look forward to seeing you each week.

Thank you again for your review. It is guests like you that make our hotel a great place to work!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here the 2nd weekend in February 2014 for a cheerleading competition on Marriott points!! I loved the design of our room, it was a bi-level. Actually felt like you were in an apartment!! We hope to stay here again next year, but the hotel is currently sold out for our dates!!! Location was good, walking distance to the convention center. "Free" Breakfast buffet was nice. Parking is in the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

cmaloney70,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. We are happy that you found our loft suites so comfortable and were able to use your Marriott Reward points for your stay.

We have had many requests for the 2015 cheerleading weekend, unfortunately those dates seem to coincide with the American Athletic Conference Men\'s Basketball Championship being held in Hartford as well. Once we get closer we may have some room openings so please continue to check for availability. We hope to see you again in 2015!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel in downtown Hartford. We were attending a wedding next door, so the location was perfect since it was located only two buildings (attached) away. The suite contained a micro wave oven and a full size refrigerator and stove. There was a very large living room, with a television and desk. The king size bed was located in the "loft" which only took three stairs to climb. The bedroom was large and also had a television. Bathroom is located here. The rooms were extremely clean. The hotel is going through renovations, but that did not cause any problems.. The price was $129.00 per night, which included a morning buffet. This hotel would be convenient for travelers who need to conduct meetings with businesses on Main Street. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Bonjovifan_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback about the amenities in the rooms and are glad that our renovation didn\'t cause any disturbance for you. It has been very important to us to limit any guest disruption throughout the process.

It sounds like you attended a wedding a the beautiful Gershon Fox Ballroom which is a great wedding venue that we are lucky to have so close to our hotel. I see that you are local to our area, but hope that you chose us again should you need accommodations downtown or a place to recommend family or friends.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I wanted to thank Valentin for accommodating us on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 as we checked in early that day so that we could prepare for my daughter's procedures that were to take place early the next morning at Children's Medical Hospital. It's a stressful thing to prepare for and endure, in so many ways, and to have a room available for us at 1:00 pm upon our arrival, on Wednesday, was such a relief. It was a beautiful room and very comfortable and it was very much appreciated.
I want to thank Residence Inn again for your efforts and hospitality. The room was beautiful and had everything we needed for the stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Diane,

Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel and Valentin, our Front Office Manager. I am glad that he took care of your arrival and afforded some comforts during a difficult trip. We are very happy with our renovated hotel rooms, but know that sometimes a hotel stay can be about more than just the rooms. Best wishes to you, your daughter and the rest of your family and thank you for choosing us during your trip to Hartford.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Just one review from me doesn't cut how much I like this place, so I thought I'd do another. Wanted to make a special mention of the Associates that typically make my stays so great. I've been staying at the residence for months and each of these folks have helped me out in different ways. Quantia is very helpful ever time I check in Monday mornings. Kasi has always helped me Sunday especially, and has been helpful any time I've needed to make last minute changes to my reservations. Kadeen is always an ardent professional, especially when I lock myself out of my room, which happens about twice a week. And last but not least Migdalia has always been very helpful with all of my complex dry cleaning and other requests. Also a special shout our to Sal who roasts vegetables like no one else, and cuts hair like a master. It wouldn't be right if I also didn't mention Lisa the sales manager! She recently helped me make a very longterm and complicated reservation that would've taken me a few hours. Best hotel ever!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Denis S
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Denis:

Thank you for your great reviews of our hotel. We appreciate you acknowledging the staff that has made your experience exceptional.

During weekly meetings we share guest comments with our associates. They take great pride in providing excellent service. It has been a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to your time here each week.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been staying at the Residence Inn for a number of months.

First of all, the suites are absolutely gorgeous. High ceilings, nice furniture, and a fully decked-out kitchen. As an NYC resident, this is the type of housing that you can only dream of.

The Front Desk staff are extremely helpful, as well as the sales manager. The manager, Valentin, goes out of his way to help everyone out. If you ever have a request and he takes care of it, you can be assured he'll keep it in mind for all of your future stays. A coworker who was sick and had to work from the hotel even got a special delivery of medicine from the staff - that's what we're talking about. The cleaning staff is very professional and respectful, as are all the maintenance folks.

There's both indoor and outdoor parking, which is convenient depending on the season.

There's free breakfast and dinner most nights, a shoeshine stand nearby, and the chef also runs a barber shop nearby.

Would recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Don't pick 615.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spent three days at this hotel for a business trip. It is on the national register of historic places and is very conveniently located in downtown Hartford. It is within walking distance to most large companies and has two restaurants attached, one more low key (City Steam) and one a bit more up scale (Bocca Rossa). The rooms are quite unique. I had a studio loft which was basically two story and was very spacious. There is a full kitchen which would be excellent for a longer stay. The hotel will grocery shop for you if you are staying for an extended stay. The staff is very accommodating and clearly they cater to the business traveler. That is not to say it would not be a good place for someone traveling for pleasure as well. Everyone greeted us with a smile every day, no matter what time of day we came through the lobby. A free hot breakfast is offered every day. The staff member working the dining area for breakfast each day should be commended. I didn't see her name but she clearly took pride in making sure the buffet was kept full of hot food and everthing was kept cleaned up. She was very friendly to all of the guests. Parking is convenient as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to downtown Hartford, whether it be a long or short stay.

Room Tip: I understand all the rooms are unique. I had a loft and it was very large and very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Residence Inn Hartford Downtown? Share your experiences!