“Great room”

Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a 1 bedroom loft. The room was huge, with large windows and great city and river views. This is essentially a roughly 1000sf 1BR apartment.
The only downside is that the room smelled of cigarette smoke. The breakfast was good and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MetMet
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

MetMet:

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel and for your great feedback on the hotel rooms. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our large rooms. I apologize for the smell of cigarette smoke in your room; we are 100% smoke free and work hard to enforce that policy. We hope that you will stay with us again and please know that if you are checked into a room that does not meet your needs we would be happy to locate another room for you for your stay.

Kind Regards,
Lisa McIntyre
Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised upon entering the room. Nice large and cozy rooms. I did not hear hallway noise or noise from outside. The hotel will even do grocery shopping if you prefer to prepare and cook your food in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank e s
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently stayed here for just one night for a wedding. We hated to leave, because we could have stayed for a week. This was not a hotel room, but a condo, with a full size kitchen, living room area and upstairs loft bedroom with full bath. The hotel was recently--very recently as in they were just finishing--- renovated. Everything was brand new, clean and well appointed. A perfect place to stay if you have extended business in Hartford or just want to spend a weekend downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, spacious "home away from home" while in downtown Hartford, CT. The rooms are huge, larger than some apartments. There is a fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher. The bedroom is five steps up and has a king-size bed, large closet with mirrored doors, chest of drawers, and large flat screen TV. Downstairs is a large desk for doing work with plenty of outlets and an ethernet port if needed for a computer. Downstairs furniture includes a chair & ottoman, L-shaped sleep sofa, coffee table, large flat screen TV, and dininig table with four chairs. This hotel was just recently remodeled so everything is clean, bright, and new. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast included daily and hot coffee anytime. Hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to convention center and great restaurants. Would come again anytime!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

First, I have to say I have never seen a GM office right next to the check in desk and the door is always open. I had a small problem during my stay and it was resolved above and beyond my expectation.
Second, the hotel just went through a renovation, I am not sure if all rooms are the same but my room was excellent. It had this loft feel to it with 3 different levels, very cool! The gym is spacious with a lot of variety.
Third, you can't beat the location, its downtown next to a lot of restaurants and cool bars.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, away from the street noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

AA75:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We understand that sometimes problems may arise during a stay, but it is our goal to resolve each situation as quickly and thoroughly as possible. I am glad that we were able to accomplish that for you. I am so glad that you liked the layout of your room. All of our hotel rooms are slightly different due to the historic features of our building, but many of our rooms are multi level loft style rooms that offer great space to relax and spread out! We look forward to having you stay with us should your travels bring you back to Hartford.

Lisa McIntyre
Director of Sales

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The service at the front desk is excellent! The representatives greeted me and made me feel welcomed, one employee in particular was Constance. She was extra jolly but it wasn't too much. I would definitely come back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I rarely write a bad review, but I travel a lot for business and this stay warranted mention. I am not a high-maintenance traveler. I understand they are undergoing renovations, however the facility was under par for the cost. First, there are several doors to negotiate manually from the street. Since no one greets you, I was left to handle several bags myself late at night. There are better ways to ensure guest safety than multiple sets of manually operated doors and no help. The room itself was a strange layout, which wouldn't have mattered that much if a) the wireless was working consistently and b) the towel bar didn't fall off when I put a towel on it and c) the sink drained. I agree with Charlotte1203 who noted that the hallways were dirty and rundown. There was quite a bit of noise from the street, translating to a not-so-restful sleep. I moved to the Marriott downtown after 1 night and was much happier. I will not be staying here again, even after renovations are complete.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank You for taking the time to comment on your experience at my property. Regardless of a renovation or not, your stay should be seamless and be an enjoyable experience. I am extremely sorry that my property did not meet your expectations. Our renovation will be complete within the next few days, and I appreciate your feedback.