“Nice way to cap off a historical tour of Hartford”

Bushnell Center for Performing Arts
Ranked #9 of 64 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: Connecticut's leading venue for the performing arts is known for its community programs and being an important advocate of music, dance and theatrical productions.
Los Angeles, CA
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Nice way to cap off a historical tour of Hartford”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

After having toured the Old State House where we learned a lot about the History of Hartford and Connecticut it was very cool to see and be able to pay respects to some of the key figures we had learned about earlier. We weren't there at the right time for a tour which I'm sure would have made us appreciate the place even more. Very cool to see graves from the 1600's. A quick and easy stop through right in the middle of downtown.

Visited July 2014

south windsor, ct
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Always Exciting!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've been to several shows at the Bushnell recently, and it's always exciting to go into the 'city' at night and see a play, musical or a concert. It's smaller than the major Broadway theaters, so you have a good chance of getting a seat with a good view instead of sitting a mile away! The parking is very easy in the lot next to the Bushnell.

Some outstanding performers come here. In the 1970's I actually saw Rudolph Nureyev in "Swan Lake!" Unforgettable to see such a legend perform! Several years ago, we saw "Three Phantoms" which had three different Broadway stars who had played the Phantom of the Opera singing their songs --- goosebump time!

If you don't feel like going into New York to see Broadway productions, the Bushnell is a very comfortable, delightful alternative, especially for us older folk! It's also a great way to introduce your children to the joy of live classical performances without overwhelming them in NY.

Visited August 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful theaters”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I attended a conference at the Bushnell and there were breakout sessions in the two theaters and then in a meeting room on the top floor. It was a lovely venue with great acoustics. Staff was attentive and friendly.

Visited June 2014
Connecticut
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Really Nice Venue”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently attended a concert at the Bushnell and it was a really nice venue. We saw virtuoso guitarist Joe Bonamassa perform and it was an amazing show. The Bushnell was charming, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. My girlfriend got her wine and I got my Jack Daniels in the upstairs lounge and we settled into our seats in the front row of the balcony. The show was great and the music sounded amazing. We used the valet parking and our car was brought around in ten minutes after the show which was more than reasonable for a nominal charge. The Bushnell is a comfortable place to see a show that was pleasing to my adult sensibilities. I look forward to my next visit.

Visited May 2014
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Love this venue!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were in the theater section of the Center - mezzanine. Love the ambience - art deco with some updates. Comfy seats, pleasant ushers, with good attitudes (all volunteers). Free parking across the street for events (welcome!). First time there (we live closer to New Haven and New York), won't be our last.

Visited June 2014