“small & intimate”
Review of TheaterWorks

TheaterWorks
Ranked #17 of 65 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: Hartford's professional Off-Broadway-style theatre.
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is a very small theatre. Before you purchase your ticket make sure you don't have an obstructed view. Season pass is available. I've only seen plays here. Refreshments available.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

TheaterWorks puts on plays that are consistently well-executed in a small scale setting. Ticket prices are affordable, and the venue is friendly with no attitude. If you're looking for some theatre and don't want the expense of Broadway or the Bushnell, TheaterWorks is just the ticket!

1  Thank Richard_CT
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband and I have seen several plays at this venue. We have thoroughly enjoyed each one. The setting is intimate so you feel like you can really appreciate the actors. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. There are several excellent restaurants within walking distance as well

1  Thank lkb925
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My wife and I attended the production, Almost Maine, on January 27, 2013. We both found the production entertaining, and the acting was superb. TheaterWorks is located in the basement of a building on Pearl Street. It is smaller than The Hartford Stage, but the seats are closer to the stage, and there is no bad seating. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

2  Thank William S
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This play is hilarious and was very well executed by the solo actor. The theater is small and intimate and not a bad seat in the place. Not the first show I have seen here but definitely one of my favorites. I highly recommend this theater.

Been to TheaterWorks? Share your experiences!