“Good beer, average food”
Review of City Steam Brewery

City Steam Brewery
Ranked #10 of 452 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hartford, CT Restaurant with the Finest Handcrafted Beer, Live Comedy and Upscale Casual Cuisine in an Historic Setting.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately we were here the first night of their new menu. It's a great place to kill some time when your kids are at a concert at Xfinity! The nachos were good, the beer was great, but our dinners fell flat. Maybe they need a little more time with the new menu.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food is excellent, the beers intriguing, the service excellent, and the entire experience just plain fun.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am visiting Hartford for a week of work and this was my first meal with my work colleague (Sunday lunch) since arriving in town.
Menu is extensive, offerings are great, service was friendly and just what we needed.
I ordered the steamed dumplings (delicious) and French onion soup (tasty, very cheesy, topped with delicious, crispy onion rings). I asked for a beer to accompany my lunch and three types were presented for me to sample before choosing (I went with the export).

Excellent on all fronts and we will be back to try other menu items while we’re here!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went here with my friend on a Thursday evening for dinner before a play. The outdoor seating was nice. The beers are really good. I had the falafel and it was pretty good, but nothing special. My friend had fish tacos with grilled fish and she liked them. I might go again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for dinner and drinks before a show. Fast service and good food. Will definitely go again next time we're in Hartford.