“A Great Family Get Together”
Review of Chowder Pot IV

Chowder Pot IV
Ranked #16 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We had a family get together with my sister and her husband from the Hartford CT area along with my brother and his wife from New York City. We met in the Hartford area and my sister and her husband selected the Chowder Pot for a late lunch/early dinner get together. They said it was their favorite local restaurant because they not only offered a great seafood menu (which we enjoy) but they also offered a good prime rib and meat selection which my brother in law enjoyed. They have been dining here for years.
None of us were disappointed with the food. The service was also terrific and attentive without being intrusive.
My wife and I had their New England Clam Chowder and their broiled seafood plate consisting of shrimp, scallops, and haddock. We were a little skeptical since we are Boston area transplants but the chowder was great and the broiled dinner was as good as we ever had. My sister and sister-in-law were also were pleased with their seafood order and the Rhode Island Clam Chowder as well. My Brother joined my Brother-in-law and ordered the Prime Rib. They both loved it.
In all, it was a great experience and a great and memorable get together.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

All the seafood dishes are great. The chowders, Lobster Mac & cheese and especially the Lobster Pot Pie are to die for!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The food was excellent. The food in the dining area is pricey, but if you don't mind eating in the bar, go early and take advantage of the deep discounts on food and drinks.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

and years and years...

why?

The food, the service, the price.

The food is fabulous. Baked stuffed shrimp, something called "Poppy John Shrimp"(shrimp wrapped with cheese and bacon, the lobster and even the prime rib. Locals, we all know how good the Pot is and that is why we keep going back. Yes, the dining room is a little dated, but I'm not HGTV and I don't care.

If you are from out of town and looking for some authentic, good New England seafood (or not! they have options) go check it out.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Sorry that I have to give the Chowder Pot such a poor rating, but we have been going to this restaurant for quite some time and have recently seen and experienced the food quality decrease. I love a fresh, crisp salad before my meal. I had to send my salad back 2 times due to soggy lettuce. I don't believe that the fish was fresh - tasted rather frozen or held over a day or so. Sorry...you've lost my patronage/