“Whatever happened to customer service”
Review of Chowder Pot IV

Chowder Pot IV
Ranked #20 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Entered restaurant with my elderly father. Young, tall female hostess, I believe she was of Latin descent, was very abrupt and rude, especially when asked if it would be a problem to change seats. She acted as if we were looking to borrow her car. She literally grabbed the menu from my father's hands and tossed them onto the other table walking away. Seriously, if I wanted to spend that much money on being treated poorly, I'd not have driven three hours to meet my ailing elderly father at this establishment. Better yet, the server comes over after waiting for what seemed a long time; when asked a question about the menu, he replies, "I don't typically work lunch, so I cannot answer any menu questions". I suggest consumers spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

2  Thank Jim P

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Chowder Pot restaurant was a Valleys Steak house in the 1960's when my wife and I were going together before I enlisted in the Navy in 1968. Lately we have visited the Chowder Pot on a couple of occasions during the last couple of years and found it to be HO-HUM. The service and the food. Well, I want to tell you we went there on July 10th of this year (2014) and the menu, food quality and the service were impeccable. A wonderful young woman named Heidi F. served us (very classy and proper) and we were delighted. We left a decent tip to show how much we appreciated the experience. We thought the food was excellent. Our diet requirements are Low Carbohydrate and Heidi assisted us with our ordering. I just want to say thank you Heidi and thank you Chower Pot for an unexpected and wonderful dining experience. I hope who ever I managing the restaurant will keep up this standard and do not ever let Heidi F. go.

Regards, Darian and Olga Paganelli

1  Thank darian p
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Celebrating my father's 80th birthday, so we had reservations for 12. No problem being seated but service took far too long between appetizers and main course. Restrooms (at least Men's room) was in poor condition. Food was average on the whole, the Prime Rib was excellent though.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Came here for my wife's birthday dinner. There were four of us. We came on a Sunday evening, and only had a short 10 minute wait. I had broiled scallops with seafood stuffing. Very good, I am the only one in the family who loves scallops, and the stuffing was wonderful. Another one of the family had a fried clam dinner. Very good size portion, and the fries were crisp, not oily. I tried a couple, and they were very good. A few weeks earlier, I had eaten a fried clam dinner at a highly regarded roadside diner, featured on a cable TV program. Here at Chowder Pot, the portions were bigger, an the price was much less. My wife had baked stuffed shrimp. She reported it was good, and the portion was too large to eat it fully there. The salads were crisp, and the freshly baked whole bread was also delicious. Overall, a good place for seafood.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Five adults and two under 6 yr old kids. We got there at opening time on a Sunday and we were among the first to be seated. When we left, the place was full and there were people waiting. Most of the adults ordered one of their fish entrees (lazy lobster, crab cakes, scallops) and everyone was completely satisfied with the food. One person ordered the large cut prime rib and it was perfectly done. Service was very good and the food/beverages were brought promptly to the table. Some of us also had a cup of either the NE or RI style clam chowder, both of which were fine. The little bit of honey drizzled over the bread was a tasty touch. We can recommend.