“portions good, was cooked well”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chowder Pot IV

Chowder Pot IV
Ranked #20 of 432 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartford, Connecticut
“portions good, was cooked well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have not had a bad meal here. Portions are good, everything cooked well. Restaurant is always crowded and so if you want to come, come early or after dinner rush.

Visited April 2014

Westerville, Ohio
“Chowderpot IV Not Impressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Four of us went to the USS Chowderpot IV for dinner and I was not particularly impressed. The server was excellent but I really expected my lobster to be superb and it was not. The legs were very good but the claws and tail were overcooked and rubbery. Very disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
New York
“Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Large portions. Well prepared, fresh food. Awesome waitress, fast service. Very reasonable pricing. Only issue was the non-descript building in the somewhat overgrown parking lot. Large sign indicates the area of the restaurant, but building itself has no signage at all. Not being from the area, we weren't sure we were in the right place as another building is located off to the side. But I didn't come to look at the outside, and the interior was clean with a nautical theme. Would definitely visit again if in the area.

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Whatever happened to customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Entered restaurant with my elderly father. Young, tall female hostess, I believe she was of Latin descent, was very abrupt and rude, especially when asked if it would be a problem to change seats. She acted as if we were looking to borrow her car. She literally grabbed the menu from my father's hands and tossed them onto the other table walking away. Seriously, if I wanted to spend that much money on being treated poorly, I'd not have driven three hours to meet my ailing elderly father at this establishment. Better yet, the server comes over after waiting for what seemed a long time; when asked a question about the menu, he replies, "I don't typically work lunch, so I cannot answer any menu questions". I suggest consumers spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

2 Thank Jim P
West Suffield, Connecticut
“Something has improved at the Chowder Pot in Hartford, CT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Chowder Pot restaurant was a Valleys Steak house in the 1960's when my wife and I were going together before I enlisted in the Navy in 1968. Lately we have visited the Chowder Pot on a couple of occasions during the last couple of years and found it to be HO-HUM. The service and the food. Well, I want to tell you we went there on July 10th of this year (2014) and the menu, food quality and the service were impeccable. A wonderful young woman named Heidi F. served us (very classy and proper) and we were delighted. We left a decent tip to show how much we appreciated the experience. We thought the food was excellent. Our diet requirements are Low Carbohydrate and Heidi assisted us with our ordering. I just want to say thank you Heidi and thank you Chower Pot for an unexpected and wonderful dining experience. I hope who ever I managing the restaurant will keep up this standard and do not ever let Heidi F. go.

Regards, Darian and Olga Paganelli